Dan Diego

Centech Aux Fuse panel Set-up

I'm hooking up a Centech AP-2 auxiliary fuse block on my 1150GS soon; just waiting to buy a good relay wiring kit.

I've done some research (I found nothing on this site) on the best location (top of airbox) and means of wiring it, so I should be good.

Has anyone locally hooked up an aux fuse panel? Words of wisdom before I torch the beemer?

Thanks!

post-14554-019689500 1298583416_thumb.jp

that's a lot of fuses... I think I have one

I'm sure you have already searched advrider.com Those guys take their GSs seriously

that's a lot of fuses... I think I have one

I'm sure you have already searched advrider.com Those guys take their GSs seriously

Yes, ADVRider was really helpful.

Unfortunately, I don't have an electrical engineering degree and there is a whole mess o' wires, tapping, Canbus...all sorts of acronyms. Just want to see if someone locally has done the mod before I leap info oblivion.

If I do attempt it solo, I'll post photos after the sirens stop and smoke clears...

Don't be intimidated by electrical circuits. They may look messy but they are very logical. Study it for a while and you should be able to figure it out. Electrical loop = Source-Load-Return. Everything else is a permutation of this basic idea. No biggee.

I just installed one under the seat on top of the rear fender behind the airbox. I used a 6 fuse block that I got from the local NAPA. I liked the Centech but could not stomach the $50 price tag on it.

I ran 10 wires from the fuse box to the front of the bike, 5 for positive and 5 for ground. The ground wires are all connected into one connector and attached to the battery. I am using two circuits for my HID's, one for my GPS, I will use one for heated grips and have one extra for whatever. I have a 30 amp fuse in between the battery and the fuse box.

I tested it this past weekend at the Dash and it held up to the waterfest on Saturday so I think I am good to go.

Shoot me a PM if you want more info. I would also be happy to show you the setup anytime you want to see it.

fusebox.jpg