Sign in to follow this  
Drabnor

Snow run? 2-27

So seeing as the snow level is supposed to drop really low, like 2000 feet on Saturday night, I'm gonna go for a snow run out of Temecula Sunday morning. Thinking about Palomar Divide, then out to Warner Springs(maybe gas) and up to Anza(gas) then depending on how much snow and how the feeling goes, up Hixon trail then back through Tripp Flats to Anza. Alternate would be Thomas Mountain loop. After that, plan to head back to Temecula through Sage.

Anybody want to come along? Its gonna be COLD. Brisk pace, but will be stopping for photos more than likely. Intermediate to expert riders as the terrain may vary from challenging to most difficult depending on the snow. Smaller bikes would be better but I dont discriminate if you got the cajones. I have trials tires so I would suggest good tires as it may be slippy. Tube/tools for your bike. Bring a snack/sammitch. Meet at the entrance to Palomar Divide just off the asphalt around 10AM, if you dont know where that is, pm me.

RJ

Done enough brrrry rides lately. Just a note though....they like to close the Forest roads here in San Diego County after a snow or any big rainstorm, just thought I'd forewarn you. More likely that those roads you mentioned to the north will be open, though.

Done enough brrrry rides lately. Just a note though....they like to close the Forest roads here in San Diego County after a snow or any big rainstorm, just thought I'd forewarn you. More likely that those roads you mentioned to the north will be open, though.

Closures are a definite possibility! Thanks for the heads up though...

HaHa. ME TOO!

The gates will likely be closed.

I think I am gonna ride my track in the snow and sled down it on garbage bags!

It had better snow!

HaHa. ME TOO!

The gates will likely be closed.

I think I am gonna ride my track in the snow and sled down it on garbage bags!

It had better snow!

I just installed grip heaters so I'm anxious to try them out. If the gates closed, no biggie I will find some other snow to ride in...

running a bit behind schedule, but still gonna make it out there before 11

also just noticed that there is zero snow on palomar :angry: