CableJockey

New Tire for Desert Dash, DOT Approved or Not?

I have the MOTOZ Desert H/T's on my DRZ and even though they still have a ride or two left in them, I was wondering if I'm going to get hassled by the rangers at the DD this weekend. I was thinking of putting on a new 606 on the rear and my old 606 on the front.

Are the rangers particular about the tire or should I just run the MOTOZ's?

John

I just depends on the ranger. It is a ticketable offense. Better safe than sorry.

MT-43 :)

That wasn't his question...and, I am considering removing the MT43 back (already replaced the front) for the dash

Recent rain predictions may make it a non-issue, but there are lots of better sand tires

So: Rangers...there will be over 100 riders;-)

I sure hope they don't stop and check every bike...it'll be a worse traffic jam than Heart Attack Hill

MY suggestion is to run the tires you are most comfortable with...old tires means old rubber, and there are some street sections, some at high speeds...

Didn't someone get a ticket last year from a state park ranger for non-DOT tires?

I just installed a new Maxxis Desert IT (non-DOT) on my bike, but I'm crazy like that.

I have the MOTOZ Desert H/T's on my DRZ and even though they still have a ride or two left in them, I was wondering if I'm going to get hassled by the rangers at the DD this weekend. I was thinking of putting on a new 606 on the rear and my old 606 on the front.

Are the rangers particular about the tire or should I just run the MOTOZ's?

John

Probably not, unless you post this on a public forum so they know exactly what to look for... Oops, too late!

I am running motoz also, they are better (safer) on the street and dirt than my dot terraflex.

MT-43 :)

That wasn't his question...and, I am considering removing the MT43 back (already replaced the front) for the dash

Question asked if he should run DOT or NON-DOT tires. I suggest an MT-43 DOT tire. :ph34r:

I am running motoz also, they are better (safer) on the street and dirt than my dot terraflex.

Remember when i thought Terraflex were all the rage?? :lol: I am also running Moto-Zs

I admit I missed the part about a NEW 606 on the rear... a new tire always feels great, so I change my vote to:

yes; new DOT tire on the rear, and whichever front you like the most, and a dremel to make sure it is DOT compliant

Probably not, unless you post this on a public forum so they know exactly what to look for... Oops, too late!

... oh no ...

They might as well get out the spare ticket book for when I ride by.

... It's not affordable, or in the list-of-to-dos to make my bike 100% DOT compliant.

I will obey all traffic signs, and use hand signals. coolio.gif