DigDug

Ramona to desert loop

Saturday - 5 Feb 2011

I'm going to meet up with a few buddies from work and ride Crawdaddy's Ramona to desert and back loop:

Google maps overview map here

The plan is to meet a Packard's Coffee Shop in Ramona. (Google maps link here) and turning wheels at 9am. (to give time for the sun to come up and hopefully raise temperatures a little)

I'm going to truck the 450 up, but this loop is doable on big bikes too. It's also a good loop for noobs. We won't be doing a blazing speed, but want to keep the pace up pretty good, just so we're not out on the trail all day. If people want to split up, into slower/faster groups, that's fine too. There are plenty of bail-outs if you don't want to continue.

The entire loop is about 115 miles, but there is a gas stop at about 80, or maybe a little earlier if we decide to go into Julian for lunch. Dress warm!

GPS track file here.

I am bikeslut- I whole-heartedly endorse this ride

If I wasn't working, I would totally be "in"...

So,... what day is this?

Saturday the 5th. It's in the header of the post, but I'll edit it and put it into the body to make it more visible.

Doug,

I'll be there. I grabbed the tracks and I'll be happy to ride with the rest of the Noobs if there are any lurking and considering the ride.

John

Oh, sorry Doug. The mobile version doesn't show the subtitle. Thanks for the clarification. If I can get my brake pedal welded I may be there....

I'm planning on being there. Sounds like a great loop. MAY ride to Ramona, gotta find some street or warmer gloves!

I just took a look at your route, last time I was up on Pamo Rd., the gate to Black Mountain Truck Trail was locked. It May be locked still. When I called up there, they said it was closed due to the weather and "unsafe conditions".... might want to check it out and change the first part if need be.

Gate was still locked on Tuesday and when I went to the Forest Service they told me they had no time frame for opening it up.

I just took a look at your route, last time I was up on Pamo Rd., the gate to Black Mountain Truck Trail was locked. It May be locked still. When I called up there, they said it was closed due to the weather and "unsafe conditions".... might want to check it out and change the first part if need be.

This is tempting with my supermoto set up.

Schwinn does Grapevine Canyon....Wait for it,,,,SuperMoto!

At true "It goes anywhere bike."

laugh.gif

I am interested in this ride, I just dont know if I want to ride my 950 or my 400? Which ever one I will be there.

Is this ride still a go? I'm ready to battle CableJockey for noob supremacy.

Yup, it's still a go! I've been out putting the desert gearing onto the bike. It was winding out pretty badly on the last few rides.

See everyone in the morning!

Digdug, if your trucking the 450 to ramona, where do you leave your truck?is there room for more parking?

Digdug, if you're trucking the 450 to ramona, where do you leave your truck?is there room for more parking?

There is plenty of parking on the side streets around Packards.

Is this ride still a go? I'm ready to battle CableJockey for noob supremacy.

HA! Ok Goofy Footer you're on. Do we measure in broken motorcycle parts or number of falls?

WOULD love to join you guys.....have fun today....Let us know on Black Mt. gate too...I've got to hang out with my mom, seeing I bailed on the family for Death valley last weekend for 4 days...see you at the dash..