Sign in to follow this  
alyeska

TM40 carb wow!

Had I known what this would have done to the performance of my bike I would not have hesitated to install it long ago. After my recent carb problems I finally decided to go with the tm 40, I do not regret it, my bike is so responsive, has no flat spots, will pull montezuma grade in 5th gear, and will idle down to nothing. In my 30+ yrs of riding I have never seen a carb so perfect in all aspects, the $500 for the kit hurt, but if feels pretty good today! alyeska

It is a flatslide, it makes the 725 kit, pipe and other mods come alive. alyeska

Trophyhunter, I wanted to use the keintech kit because it was $75 cheaper but it didnt come with the steel adapter collars, it uses new clamps to squeeze the oversize rubber couplers down to size, and it didnt come with a bag full of extra jets just in case, I let them know at pro cycle about my mods and they jetted and set up the carb accordingly for me, the idle was even set perfectly when I started it up. Since I am new to carb swaps (on bikes anyway) I wanted the quickest change over possible, I think it took all of 45 minutes to complete the whole job, and that included new cables. alyeska

It's def the way to go....complete set. Just couldn't get PC's link to copy straight to the carb. The airbox adapter is certainly worth it....alnog with the extra jets. I didn't know you had the 725 kit...!!!! The 650 is plenty for me....especially with the pumper.

Enjoy your Tombstone trip....very jealous.

The engine work was done already when I got the bike along with the web cam he had stuck in, I got reciepts from him and he was a retired deputy so I hope he would'nt scam a brother. The bike does pull like my v strom so I think the work was actually done. alyeska