Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Friday Impulse

It started as a Camera discussion Thursday night. With careful maneuvering, the talk turned to a Friday Ride. Set the hook, reel him in!

N2TM and me have been separated by life's events for awhile, so it was good to get back together.

Not knowing where we would end, we started with a figure 8 in San Gregorio Ridge area then headed east on San Felipe W. Tarantula, Tule W. under the highway toward the Salton Bathtub. The Travertine Restaurant in Salton City served up a nice meal and Draft. Todd sends us off to the Freeman Riding Area, which we have zero idea where we are going! After much randomness in the area northeast of the microwave tower we manage to scout back to Calcite Mine Rd. and up to pavement. The Freeman / Truckhaven area is quite a maze/warren/web of trails in the fashion of a highly eroded badland. Easy to get yourself lost. The GPS does not do you much good as all the washes run downhill northwest to southeast.

Once we hit the Salton Seaway, a brief discussion ensued on the topic of running late and how much more trouble could we get into with the wives if we were somewhat later. No preferring the pavement option, cross the road and south on Truckhaven Trail toward Arroyo Salado and Five Palms finally connecting to the Cut Across Trail. 97 miles back to Tamarisk Grove.

Thanks to Todd for enabling the Impulse.

1164339922_Z8cpJ-L.jpg

1164339894_EURiJ-L.jpg

1164339967_DfQ7K-L.jpg

1164340288_Hpz5S-L.jpg

1164340317_y357b-L.jpg

1164341588_R8dsh-L.jpg

1164424122_7ArR7-L.jpg

1164340369_mv6ti-L.jpg

1164340408_WZ8DH-L.jpg

1164340515_9Bf9E-L.jpg

1164342290_sFkdu-L.jpg

Cool, How come the riding gear is so Shiny? Hey so is the Husky; hmmm do some people never fall off? Thats my problem my Honda is defective!

Great pic's guys.