sunday morning 1000am same ride i did last weekend. 80 mile fire road trek. plated bikes only, forest adventure pass required. all riders welcome. cheers

I'm in if you guys are still going...please firm up the plans on freeway return, so i can decide about whether to bring the v Strom or the DRZ...

I'm in if you guys are still going...please firm up the plans on freeway return, so i can decide about whether to bring the v Strom or the DRZ...

I don't know about the others, but I will be returning via the dirt. My bike is geared a bit low for the freeway. Besides, everything looks different going the other way.

so would this be a good ride for someone who really hasnt had their bike in the dirt? Also is this meeting off interstate 5 and ortega hwy?

thanks to everyone on this friendly site. glad to get so many positive responses. ive posted this ride on thumpertalk 3 times and gotten only 1 ridealong. this site blows thumpertalk into the weeds.

thanks to everyone on this friendly site. glad to get so many positive responses. ive posted this ride on thumpertalk 3 times and gotten only 1 ridealong. this site blows thumpertalk into the weeds.

Because of the members, WE are SDAR. Please support your right to ride.

BLM-OHMVR meeting, Support This!

Hi Chris, Can't go this Sunday but had a great time last Saturday on the ride. Everyone who goes is in for a treat.

Chris remember to e-mail me so I can get you some pictures of the ride.

XTSTEVE

98% chance I can make it. New clutch and fresh tune on the ATK and I need a dose of dirt real bad. Time permitting, I'd like to ride dirt both ways.

See ya there

Wayne

I have never ridden up there and would like to check it out so I may show up with Pyro.

My plan is to throw the red pig and the green monster (if Pyro comes with) on the trailer and park at a friends house in Lake Elsinore then ride to the meet up from my friends house.

I just PM'd him to see if he wants to go up there with me.

Gunner

OK; so i'm clear...

74 where it meets main divide road.. about 10 a.m. Sunday

I will be trucking up to that point, so I know I have to post my adventure pass in the window...DRZ, not the Strom, so we will ride dirt both ways.

If I'm late, I'm not showing, so don't wait.

so would this be a good ride for someone who really hasnt had their bike in the dirt? Also is this meeting off interstate 5 and ortega hwy?

On the map, it looks A LOT closer to 15... of course hiway 74 is not a bad ride in itself

OK; so i'm clear...

74 where it meets main divide road.. about 10 a.m. Sunday

I will be trucking up to that point, so I know I have to post my adventure pass in the window...DRZ, not the Strom, so we will ride dirt both ways.

If I'm late, I'm not showing, so don't wait.

On the map, it looks A LOT closer to 15... of course hiway 74 is not a bad ride in itself

The best I can recall, there is a major reconstruction project going on for the Ortega Hwy. Anyone coming from the OC side is likely to face major delays or closure. You might want to check with Caltrans if contemplating this route.

Guy's I realized last night that I had offered to help out KTMRad this weekend at the off road expo at Barona. I gotta keep my word so I am out on this one. I still want to get up there sometime and explore that area.

I will keep an eye out for future rides in that area.

Have a safe and enjoyable ride!

Gunner

Hi all,

I would like to do this ride...I'll truck it to meeting place...I'm not clear about time and meeting spot :blink:

papa

Hi all,

I would like to do this ride...I'll truck it to meeting place...I'm not clear about time and meeting spot :blink:

papa

Meet 9 am on sunday at the mc donalds off the 15 fwy, Cliton Kieth exit. It's near Murrieta/lake elsinore. We'll do a quick meet/greet, eat, starbucks, get gas/do last minute stuff. Then truck the bikes up the hill to the parking area for unloading near the start of the dirt.

post-633-1174669362_thumb.jpgi just called the trabuco ranger district office and they said THE GATES ARE OPEN. sometimes they close the gates on account of rain. early muster is at mcdonalds at hwy 15 and clinton keith road sunday at 900am. due to road construction i cant reccomend taking ortega hwy from the capistrano side. big delays. today i will be working the fred hall fishing tackle and boat show at the del mar fairgrounds. rancho leonero booth. stop by and say hello

OK-- give it up... what's the picture of...? If it's your house, the next get together is at your place!

See you guys at McDonald's by 9... I assume there is a park n ride at that exit (or near) so i can just ride my bike up to the trailhead?

This sounds like a perfect first ride. I'm also in on this ride...

Newer rider RJ :blink:

Can't wait!

Unfortunately I probably won't make this one. Next weekend's "April Fools ride" seems too good to pass on and I can't fit in two consecutive all day Sunday rides. So I guess I'll pre pay some honeydo's tomorrow and pine away thinking about your ride. Have fun everyone!

Wayne