OK the first race of the season will be january 30th Promoted by OTB race Club. If anyone wants to race or help with the race or just come out and hang with us let me know. It will be at the dip off huff road. I plan to head down Friday morning. :coolio:

Keep us posted. I'll be riding in Death valley that weekend, but would like to come help out another weekend....thanks, deb

Starting in late November the BLM in Washington stated that there would be cost recovery applied to any Special Recreation Permit (SRP) not already presented to the local office for approval. At this time OTB was the only club to have in a permit for the 2011 season. So District 38 will be changing venues in the early part of 2011 so we are not on BLM land and cannot be charged the cost recovery fee.

This is an awesome course and could be the last desert race held in the desert until they get things sorted out. <_< Riding a crosscountry bike at the track no bueno!

I will make it out there Fri night or Sat morning. If you leave the pit row and home check stakes for Sat I'll pound them. See ya.

5350841328_9414c1c5ba_b.jpg

I haven't ridden in desert, don't like riding in dust and prefer tight and technical but I guess I need to give it a try once, other than fact we may have some moisture would this be good race to try, is it just WFO and whoops, assume 530 would be better than my 300?? Maybe I should just come along and look see for this one.

Sure Ken we always enjoy your help. Sure to be a good time. As for 300 vs. 530 it all depends on how you handle each. There probablly will be some sand in this course and some hills. Power vs weight is always a dilema. either choice will be great. Let me know who is coming out.

D38... there's always sand, always dust. And some if it's WFO, and some rocks, some whoops.... a little bit of everything, just no trees or single track.

I strongly suggest a "look", before you race a place your not familiar with. But what do I know?! rolleyes.gif

great thing is that u don't get lost b/c of ribbons - good way to experience desert even if u aren't familiar w/the area

Getting my stuff together. Anyone else coming? Ken?

I still plan on coming out. I will probably just come out Sunday to help out, can't get away for the whole weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to ride out from North County with me. Ken

There is a rumour that the race was moved to Terra Del Sol Rd. Boulevard, This true??? I saw the OTB arrows today and a new track.

different club. the second race got moved to a track. the lazy j mx park.

Here's a link to a race recap here. Thanks Ken for helping out. It was a good turn out and looked like some great racing.