Sign in to follow this  
rexr

Saturday 1/15 - 8am @ Pinyon Trailhead

When: Saturday Jan 15, 2011, Meet at 8am, Depart at 8:30am

Where: Pinyon Mountain Trail Head - Coordinates (33.056912, -116.421503) - Google Map

What: The day will include Pinyon Mountain Trail, The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, Fish Creek, Buttes, Slot Canyon, Borrego Springs for lunch, the cold beverage of your choice :drinks: and gas, Jasper, Grapevine and then back to the trucks. Please bring Tools, Tubes and anything else you may need for trail side repair.

Who: Intermediate Skills and Pace. Plan on 110 miles total with the gas stop at around 80 miles.

I know this loop has been done a couple of times over the last few weeks but I have a friend that has never done it so I thought I would take him on the loop.

Hope to see you there. :friends:

Man....'tween this and the KOA ride....makes it even harder to know I have to attend a wedding that afternoon.

Have fun! And good, clear, post. Thx.

When: Saturday Jan 15, 2011, Meet at 8am, Depart at 8:30am

Where: Pinyon Mountain Trail Head - Coordinates (33.056912, -116.421503) - Google Map

What: The day will include Pinyon Mountain Trail, The Squeeze, Heart Attack Hill, Fish Creek, Buttes, Slot Canyon, Borrego Springs for lunch, the cold beverage of your choice :drinks: and gas, Jasper, Grapevine and then back to the trucks. Please bring Tools, Tubes and anything else you may need for trail side repair.

Who: Intermediate Skills and Pace. Plan on 110 miles total with the gas stop at around 80 miles.

I know this loop has been done a couple of times over the last few weeks but I have a friend that has never done it so I thought I would take him on the loop.

Hope to see you there. :friends:

I am in! Cant wait!

Bundy

In! alyeska

Sweet.. Hey Tom.. I think I have done a Jeep run or two with you and the Just Runs crew..

Rex,

Nice track, no matter how many times it is done.

I plan to meet your group at Buttes Pass intersection, arriving 0900, ready to ride as you come by. 146.505 Radio link-up

When we hit Grapevine, I will continue east toward Tamarisk Grove CG then connect to Buttes via Old Borrego Rd Pole Line.

This will be a good track for those of us that can not devote three days to the KOA Glamis Fun-time.

Rexr, thats me, given up the jeepin for awhile and gone back to where it all started! alyeska

In if you have room for one more. I want to try out my new suspension and stabilizer before the Desert Dash.

John

In if you have room for one more. I want to try out my new suspension and stabilizer before the Desert Dash.

Absolutely.. Come on out..

Been wanting to do this route for some time. Have been all around it Fish Creek etc., but not the Squeeze or Grapevine. Will try to be at Pinyon trailhead 8:00AM packing tools, extra tubes, and aired down knobbies if OK.

Been wanting to do this route for some time. Have been all around it Fish Creek etc., but not the Squeeze or Grapevine. Will try to be at Pinyon trailhead 8:00AM packing tools, extra tubes, and aired down knobbies if OK.

Aired down knobbies are perfect.. We won't be on the asphalt much. Looking forward to meeting you.

Rex,

Do you still plan to travel through Buttes Pass and the Slot / Drop areas??

http://maps.google.c...4ee399f1c15e6f8

If so, I will be in the area ready to ride 0900-0930. Radio 146.505

0800 comes early to the Pinyon Trailhead, and I'm pretty lazy these days.

Yes sir.. We will be passing by the parking area on Buttes Pass Rd. where we met a couple of weeks ago.

See you in the morning.

Last check in. See everyone in the morning.

Thanks for orginizing and leading the ride Rex! :good:

Wish I could have made it to lunch.

Thanks to all the guys for the help!

I am hoping (after viviting the LC4 thread at ADV) that it is just the water pump on my bike. Seems it is a week link.

Bundy