Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Moto Shops Drop 32%

http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/LATEST+NEWS/MIC-study-10428-retail-outlets-nationwide/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/701322?contextCategoryId=48472

According to a report in Dealer News, the number of Motorcycle Dealers has dropped 32% since 2006.

I can't believe this as I have been doing my part to support said dealers. But seriously, people are suffering out there! All the more reason for those of us still riding to appreciate that luxury.

KTM and BMW sales are up slightly, I believe, but the Asian manufacturers sales are down. Can anyone confirm that impression.

980520553_QxVrb-L.jpg

It isn't just an impression. More than 100 mc dealers went out of business between the southern border and Los Angeles in the last few years here in California. Both Honda and Kawasaki finally discontinued their larger sized offroad trail bike lines. Even on-line accessory stores have scaled back the assortment of goods that they offer.

Yes, it's that bad.

Applied Racing dealer base has shrunken about that much. 2-3 dealers per week go out of business.

Yet, we are supposed to be in "recovery"? What a bunch of BS!

Remember Alba action sports? I remember Holiday Honda in chula vista, south bay kawasaki, Roloffs Yamaha, need I go on! I saw posts on craigslist where alba is selling inventory as though they were still around! alyeska