Ride-Orange

MSF Rider Course(s)

I've seen and heard a lot of guys here ask about riding courses, instruction, etc. for both on and off road.

This past Sunday I completed the Basic Rider Course which is sanctioned by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, and put on locally by Pacific Safety Council. Here's the link to the PSC website http://www.saferide4u.com/

The class I was in was comprised of people who had never even sat on a motorcycle, to riders with 35+ years of experience (yours truly).

Anyone who might think that a course like this is a waste of time and money is quite simply wrong. There were many aspect of the course that I found quite valueable. I came away with the feeling that I learned some things that could save my life when riding on the street, as well as off road. In addition, they gave me a little slip of paper that I took to DMV on Monday and DMV handed me my M1 endorsement (no "ride test" required) :lol:

This post is not for those of you who think you are smarter than the dumb@$$ in the 5000# widowmaker in the next lane, or who know it all about riding, or have *blah, blah* years riding on the street. This post is also NOT a sales pitch for PSC (quite frankly, I don't give a rat's hiney if you take advantage of this training or not). So if you have some sort of negative comment, post it elsewhere.

This post is for the guys (and gals) who ride on two wheels, value their lives, and want to see their loved ones tomorrow. If this post reaches even one person who understands the concept of "knowledge is power" and enrolls in this course, then the time I spent typing this has been worth it.

BTW, I'll be instructing this course after I graduate from the RiderCoach training at the end of April. I hope to see some SDAR in my classes :o

I've seen and heard a lot of guys here ask about riding courses, instruction, etc. for both on and off road.

This past Sunday I completed the Basic Rider Course which is sanctioned by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation, and put on locally by Pacific Safety Council. Here's the link to the PSC website http://www.saferide4u.com/

The class I was in was comprised of people who had never even sat on a motorcycle, to riders with 35+ years of experience (yours truly).

Anyone who might think that a course like this is a waste of time and money is quite simply wrong. There were many aspect of the course that I found quite valueable. I came away with the feeling that I learned some things that could save my life when riding on the street, as well as off road. In addition, they gave me a little slip of paper that I took to DMV on Monday and DMV handed me my M1 endorsement (no "ride test" required) :lol:

This post is not for those of you who think you are smarter than the dumb@$$ in the 5000# widowmaker in the next lane, or who know it all about riding, or have *blah, blah* years riding on the street. This post is also NOT a sales pitch for PSC (quite frankly, I don't give a rat's hiney if you take advantage of this training or not). So if you have some sort of negative comment, post it elsewhere.

This post is for the guys (and gals) who ride on two wheels, value their lives, and want to see their loved ones tomorrow. If this post reaches even one person who understands the concept of "knowledge is power" and enrolls in this course, then the time I spent typing this has been worth it.

BTW, I'll be instructing this course after I graduate from the RiderCoach training at the end of April. I hope to see some SDAR in my classes :o

Ditto! I sometimes remind myself of an evangelist when I tell people that ride or want to get into riding about the MSF course.

Took mine after 6 years of street riding because I was required to, thought it was cheesy, now I swear by it and have taken 2 more since then.

WORD! I tell everyone who asks to do as much MSF training as possible Street or dirt! I will be attending the dirtbike school for the third time in July. I am also looking into getting qualified to teach as an MSF instructor.

I too agree with RO. The BRC has something for all levels of riders and you WILL Learn something.

I did. The class actually pointed out some of my bad habits on braking and cornering. You will learn the FINEC starting proceedure, never wonder why it will not start.

There is so much more.

I learned alot and Highly Recommend the classes. :lol: