socalsupermoto

Dirt lot for my kids to ride?

got the kids a crf50 for xmas. Because I only have a couple of half days available mon/tue i'm looking for some close areas to ride in the dirt in san diego. I've heard lark canyon is good, but that's too far. i really just need a little dirt area. I'm broke after xmas so somewhere free, and the kids will be trading the same bike so going in circles would be idea. so far my only idea is:

- pine valley exit for the mellow little dirt area before the real trail riding heading into coral canyon

- coral canyon, 4 corners area

Anyone got a backyard i can ride in? :D

There is an area that was built specifically for the wee ones at Corral Canyon right next to Corral Canyon campground.

There is an area that was built specifically for the wee ones at Corral Canyon right next to Corral Canyon campground.

I can't remember where the campground is. should i just show up to four corners and look at the map there?

i just google map'd it, is this the track?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.714400,-116.572929&spn=0.11,0.18&q=32.714400,-116.572929(Corral+Canyon+OHV+Area)

I can't remember where the campground is. should i just show up to four corners and look at the map there?

i just google map'd it, is this the track?

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.714400,-116.572929&spn=0.11,0.18&q=32.714400,-116.572929(Corral+Canyon+OHV+Area)

Drive down the road past 4 corners trailhead inside Corral Canyon, and you'll get to the lower campground on the left....the Tot Lot is near there. The Google Map doesn't show the area well........you know how to get into Corral Canyon and 4 Corners trailhead, yes ??

Drive down the road past 4 corners trailhead inside Corral Canyon, and you'll get to the lower campground on the left....the Tot Lot is near there. The Google Map doesn't show the area well........you know how to get into Corral Canyon and 4 Corners trailhead, yes ??

I think so, just 8 to buckman springs, then morena stokes (amazing supermoto road) leads right there right? I used to like to park down low and just ride up, but last couple of years I've gone in the pine valley way.

Needless to say, if anyone else needs to get their christmas vacation kids out of the house, I'll be there probably around 10:30.

I think so, just 8 to buckman springs, then morena stokes (amazing supermoto road) leads right there right? I used to like to park down low and just ride up, but last couple of years I've gone in the pine valley way.

Needless to say, if anyone else needs to get their christmas vacation kids out of the house, I'll be there probably around 10:30.

it went pretty well, but for young absolute newbies a flat lot would be easier. the kids had a tendency to target fixate on the hay. Tommorow I'm going to try to find a flat dirt area off the 905 and give that a go. with a little more experience the coral track will be super fun for them.

post-13894-034226900 1293504924_thumb.jp

post-13894-057093600 1293504942_thumb.jp

it went pretty well, but for young absolute newbies a flat lot would be easier. the kids had a tendency to target fixate on the hay.

Well, at least it was soft. :good: I'd rather hit the hay than most of the things I've been hitting lately. <_<