Well I had a blast riding to Cabo last month and think I want to do it again next October. If anyone is interested in doing this ride post up and we'll start planning. If you have never ridden to the tip and always wanted to it this is your chance. I'm looking at about 10 to 12 days down and back.

Covered in Baja

Well I had a blast riding to Cabo last month and think I want to do it again next October. If anyone is interested in doing this ride post up and we'll start planning. If you have never ridden to the tip and always wanted to it this is your chance. I'm looking at about 10 to 12 days down and back.

Covered in Baja

Count me in assuming we are talking about challenging terrain and good times.

Im in for the trip...I have been wanting to do this for years... Just so I know what bike to bring, are you going to be hitting the HW or trails?

I'm still thinking about this trip. I was thinking about more of a big bike ride and taking the ferry across from La Paz to the main land and riding back up. However I'm not even close to being firm on the ride yet. So if some one else wants to take the lead on putting a ride together I'm fine with just joining up later if I can

Covered in Indecision

Wow.. That would be great too. I like that idea so we don't have to double back on our tracks. let's do it..!

Just got my Spot Tracker in yesterday, and did some home work on the ferry that leaves out of La Paz. It about $140 per person +bike with a cabin. The trip across is 12 to 15 hrs..FYI

You know I am still interested.

I have to say that I would want to pretty much duplicate the ride we did last year.

Any more pavement would have been to much; however the silt bed surrounded by dead cattle near that ranch would be something I would not mind bypassing.

Pavement sucks..! So does silt on any bike..

Fixed it for you! :rolleyes:

You did that trip on a GS1200 right?

I rode two bikes, my DRZ for the easy stuff and my GSA for the hard stuff...

...after over 100k my DRZ gave up the ghost near Guerro Negro. It actually gave me a better appreciation for my big bike and got me motivated to get my WR plated.

There are two ferry routes out of La Paz. I think one is only 8 hours. The trick is we find a trucker going on the ferry and pay him $50 to take all our bikes and just pay personal passage for ourselves. This saves a bit of money we can spend on tacos and beer.

Covered in Smiles (thinking about this ride)

Hey covered, how much dinero do you estimate this trip will cost? Just a quess, barring stupid stuff that needs plastic. Hmmmm.

I think we spend about 600 to 800 last year for 10 days. Stayed in hotels every night and ate and drank well every night also. So with taking the ferry I would count on taking about a grand to be on the safe side. Steelrain might have a better memory of what was spent. I don't pay real close attention to what I spend.

Chris

Steelrain might have a better memory of what was spent. I don't pay real close attention to what I spend.

Chris

I left wilth exactly 1500USD in Pesos and Dollars.

When all was said and done I hade about 400 pesos and 150 dollars. However, I paid a family to get me and the DRZ back to the US and drove my truck to Guerro Negro with the BMW and then home from there; I also purchased items that other did not to include T-shirts, nick-nacks, and shared food and drink.

In all reality I would pack 1500ish again just to be safe; I expect that I would spend less this time around.

I think $100.00 per day is a pretty good estimate for an adventure that you can tell your grandkids about. I'm getting pretty excited about this ride. We need to set up a meeting soon to start working on details.

Covered in Fun

Is there a consensus yet on street bikes versus dirt bikes? I'd love to do it on the LT, but that would definately not be dirt friendly.

Well I think there would be a lot of sections that wouldn't work for you. But I think we could meet at places with some doing street and some doing a little more dirt. This might be interesting for all.

Chris

Well I think there would be a lot of sections that wouldn't work for you. But I think we could meet at places with some doing street and some doing a little more dirt. This might be interesting for all.

Chris

If this turns into a lot of dirt, I will opt for my XR. Kinda rough on long road stretchs though. I wish I had something in between.

That's a great idea Covered, paying a big rig to take our bikes.. Is it wrong to already be excited about this trip. I hope we can make it work..

I'm getting pretty excited about this ride. We need to set up a meeting soon to start working on details.

Covered in Fun

Let's pic a time and place. I just would like to know what bike to start outfit'n?

One step closer to Cabo.. Got some new toys for the bike yesterday..

post-3272-012443300 1305820456_thumb.jpg

post-3272-004255500 1305820463_thumb.jpg

post-3272-070129800 1305820466_thumb.jpg

post-3272-011095100 1305820473_thumb.jpg

I decided to put my spare fuel tanks more centerline to the bike and mount them onto of my pelican case. I’m not planning on having to use them, but its good insurance.

post-3272-011254700 1306430267_thumb.jpg

post-3272-073248900 1306430275_thumb.jpg