Tree

Cinco de mayo baja extravaganza

I'm already planning the next long range baja trip. This one will be a little longer and go further south. Trails I want to check now are 22 day trail. window rock trail and ???. It will be 6 days and you'll need about 150 mile gas range between stops. May 2, 2011 May 7, 2011. So far the itinerary is looking like this-

Check out my last post

I think I"m in for this. Some pretty good trails, but I think Tecate to Mike's is a pretty short 1st day. This is about the reverse of what Kug and Tracy did in I think 3 or 4 days last month.

Hey Tree little by little we going far and far 10 years from now we goi ng to end a up in los cabos :) I think is Bahia de Los Angeles not Baja LA anyways, I think I will do this, but I will comfirm couple month before this ride,,,,

Hey Tree, I like this title, "cinco de mayo Baja Extravaganza" sounds real baja name...

Right now there looks to be two groups going down. Myself and a few die hards are planning 6 days, leaving May 2nd (monday) and come back May 7th (saturday). That way we get back for Mothers day on Sunday and keep everyone happy.

My group plans Day 1- to erendira, Day 2- to san quintin, Day 3- to catavina, Day 4- to Bahia de LA, Day 5 San Felipe, Day 6- home. The starting and stopping points are subject to change after I iron out all the details with some baja gurus on the best trails but it gives you an idea of the area we plan to cover. I want to do the window rock trail and the 22 day trail for sure.

Another group is planning to go down on Thursday to San Felipe then meet us in Puertocitos for lunch and ride back to SF for friday night festivities then back home on Saturday.

if I ask my heart Im in, if I check my wallet, Im not too sure, so I have to start prepare my self for this ride,Im looking foward to trade or sale my xr650r to get crf450x with electric start,,,, I dont know how dificult is going to be, but electric start it will help... :lol: ,,,,

Hi, I am interested in this ride, how can I contact you to get some information?

Thanks.

Luis

Luis send me PM so we can talk to about this ride,,

OK the ride is about a month away. I've modified it a little for more enjoyment. AKA-beach and beer time :lol: I still got to meet up with a couple guys to firm up all the details but here is what it is looking like as of now but subject to some minor adjustments.

May 2 Monday-Day 1- Tecate to puertocitos

Tuesday-Day 2- to Gonzaga bay side trip to check out window rock trail

Wednesday-Day 3- across the penisula and back via 22 day trail

Thursday/Friday-Day -4/5 San felipe

May 7 Saturday-Day-6 back home

There is also a smaller group going to San Felipe on Thursday that we'll hook up with for the remainder of the festivities.

OK the ride is about a month away. I've modified it a little for more enjoyment. AKA-beach and beer time :lol: I still got to meet up with a couple guys to firm up all the details but here is what it is looking like as of now but subject to some minor adjustments.

May 2 Monday-Day 1- Tecate to puertocitos

Tuesday-Day 2- to Gonzaga bay side trip to check out window rock trail

Wednesday-Day 3- across the penisula and back via 22 day trail

Thursday/Friday-Day -4/5 San felipe

May 7 Saturday-Day-6 back home

There is also a smaller group going to San Felipe on Wednesday that we'll hook up with on Thursday for the remainder of the ride.

unforsunaly??????? i think wrong speelling, but anyways,, I cant do this fantasty ride with you tree, Im going to miss you, BUT im leavin thrursday morning from tecate parkin lot to san felipe,friday im going to puentesitos, to check out the place for divin , and back to san felipe same friday , saturday back to S>D>.....sound not to bad AH!! I have a chase truck,,, scoott, and Dannys,so far is me, Tim, Mike , , I think one more rider,, anyones wants to enjoy the short riders group, very welcome,,,,

Right now the plans for the longer ride are still up in the air. Trying to get Javi in good with his wife so we can leave on Tuesday morning. Spend a couple days riding around the triangle of puertocitos, catavina, gonzaga bay then head to san Filipe for Thursday and Friday night. I'll need to firm things up soon to get my Hotel Reservations set. The other half of the group going down to San Felipe only are planning to stay in the el cheapo hotel on the west side of the main drag but I'm planning to go to El Cortez as of now. I prefer to be on the beach with a pool and bar right there. :coolio:

Let me know what the itinerary is once you've finalized it. I need a Baja infusion.

I booked a room at el cortez for Thursday and Friday night. All other days/nights are yet to be firmed up.

I'm trying to book a room for two nights (may 3 and 4) in gonzaga bay at Alfonsinas. I called but can't get through so I sent an e-mail. Gonzaga bay is about 90 miles outside San Felipe so the first day will be quite a few miles with alot being paved to get to Gonzaga but it should be pretty relaxing afterwards and we can try different trails to explore the next couple days.

Right now I'm not sure about the two day longer ride. Javi hasn't gotten the ok from the wife and I'm not going solo but if sombody wants to step forward I still want to go. I heard back from alfonsinas and I need to mail them a check for the first night $65. Either way there's room for you Matt but like mentioned earlier if you want to stay at the cortez you need to book the room or stay in the el cheapo with the other guys.

The short ride leaves on Thursday (cinco de mayo 5/5) and returns on Saturday (5/7) that way everyone is home on Sunday (Mothers Day). If i can get at least one more person for the longer ride it would start on Tuesday (5/3) to gonzaga bay for 2 days and back up to San Felipe to meet up with everyone else on Thursday.

K... I'm in for the short ride... Javi quit being a fag..let's go!

Tree, are u sure your ready for a 6 dayer..?? You probably haven't even tightened your chain yet from the last ride..??

K... I'm in for the short ride... Javi quit being a fag..let's go!

Tree, are u sure your ready for a 6 dayer..?? You probably haven't even tightened your chain yet from the last ride..??

New tire, new chain, new sprocket, new stator. I'm ready to roll. If I do only the short ride me and Javi were talking about going through Laguna Hanson on the way. :coolio:

Ohh! ok Matt, you right, thanks for the motivation, Im in (short ride), now I'm Macho,,,,, B)

Right on Javi.....!! :) I'm working on my ugly Brother now... I think he will end up going. I just hope he doesn't try to make love to anymore boulders this time....?

See you guys soon..