after Randy's pics, the Desert pics, and the Big Ditch pics, it's almost embarrassing to do a ride report for Corral... but I have no pride, so I'm going to do it any way

Since I was up until 1 a.m., having liquid barley sandwiches and playing a gig, I did not make the 6 a.m. show up time... lucky for me, neither did anybody else.

Matt and Paul were there by 7:15,and we knew Jon was on the way... we had an inkling jimbob was going to join us, but didnt see a recent post, or any other communication; so while we waited for Jon to arrive/suit up, we blasted up Kernan.

Pretty dusty- Matt rides a great pace, so whatever gap we started with just got better as the trail progressed.

Two of the guys- kip and sdmxer

corral001.jpg

came back and picked up Jon, for a spirited run up kernan, down 1, then down 2... I stopped at a strategic spot for some good photos, and pulled off the trail

This is Pasta

corral002.jpg

oh shoot... JUST missed him on the frame... here comes matt; I'll do a little correction, and see if I can do better

corral003.jpg

well that's a little better... kip is coming up next...

corral004.jpg

"everything all right Bob? I see you are on the side of the trail"

arg!

then we tackle Ranger... yes, Jon... I know I was slower than molasses in January on the fire road... last time I was there, there were huge washouts, plus I was a little tired and hung over... and I didn't want to miss the turnout... and the dog ate my homework

so.. on to Ranger... If this makes Kip look bad, I apologize... I was riding with him, and I had the camera; I know there were probably other "moments" for people, but no photographic evidence of it...

so... silty, steep and hot were the theme of the day

SILTY

corral007.jpg

corral011.jpg

STEEP

corral015.jpg

HOT

corral016.jpg

you know the picture doesn't do it justice, when the bike is digging a trench like this

corral012.jpg

corral014.jpg

Typical flora

corral008.jpg

I'll take that under consideration... I also sent you an email, so you can see the results; thanks for the feedback

notice the folded up pinkie finger in the image, as it is discolored and swollen... the clean lens DOES make images better

seriously; thanks

Well, your adv salute notwithstanding, it does look like a smeared lens, and they WOULD have looked much better, and I DON"T want you to go to Italy without a little lens tissue!

The lens WAS a mess...I assumed it was just the dusty conditions and bad photography skills...I cleaned it with a t shirt, and some spit, and it looks 100 percent better.

Really Paul- I cleaned it the right way- got the foto shop next to my office to clean it up

Thank goodness for you fellas. Awesome photos with +12 style bonus for airtime. Nice report! I agree with you slut, lots of great reports over the last few days. Really good stuff SDAR, and now I am itching to ride! :heh:

My rides are always more Epic in my own mind! I started early and Superslabbed it to the PV Exit. Took the trail to Kernan then picked my way down and dropped in on BS and Matt at Morena Stokes. Not enough real dirt time lately. I think as was tired by the time I met up with these guys. Then the fun began as I attempted to keep up with 3 talented riders and manuver my pig thru tight single track and power lifting the bike several times. After parting company it was back out Kernan thru PV. I was very tired.

Matt you should remove the seat on your bike - Save the extra weight since you never use it.