prince_ruben

XR 650L service in San Diego area

Hey guys. I need to have my 2002 Honda XR 650L motor checked out and I need a reliable shop. I was thinking of bringing it to Fun Bike Center only because I've been buying parts there but I have no service experience there. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

prince.ruben@gmail.com

Hey guys. I need to have my 2002 Honda XR 650L motor checked out and I need a reliable shop. I wsa thinking of bringing it to Fun Bike Center only because I've been buying parts there but I have no service experience there. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

prince.ruben@gmail.com

what do you want checked out? Is it making funny noises? Burning oil? Need valves checked?

A lot of people have been recommending C&D Cycles in Clairemont... search the rest of this section to see reviews (good and bad) of all the shops.

*edit* I wouldn't recommend Fun Bike, based on my experience there... House of Motorcycles has been hit and miss with me... MotoWorld has taken good care of me so far... I do most of my own "stuff" but replacing a top end is out of my league

(smartasses "in the know" will also say that "checking air pressure, fixing a flat, tightening spokes, and cleaning an air filter are also out of his league")

Hey guys. I need to have my 2002 Honda XR 650L motor checked out and I need a reliable shop. I wsa thinking of bringing it to Fun Bike Center only because I've been buying parts there but I have no service experience there. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

prince.ruben@gmail.com

what do you want checked out? Is it making funny noises? Burning oil? Need valves checked?

A lot of people have been recommending C&D Cycles in Clairemont... search the rest of this section to see reviews (good and bad) of all the shops.

*edit* I wouldn't recommend Fun Bike, based on my experience there... House of Motorcycles has been hit and miss with me... MotoWorld has taken good care of me so far... I do most of my own "stuff" but replacing a top end is out of my league

(smartasses "in the know" will also say that "checking air pressure, fixing a flat, tightening spokes, and cleaning an air filter are also out of his league")

Hey thanks. It's my valve train that needs to be examined. I rebuilt the top end, had a valves and rockers replaced, XR's only added the big fins, installed a Hotcams Stage 1 cam and still the bike has issues. It ran fine for about 700 miles then then ticking resumed. I need a competent mechanic to service the bike. I'll take a look into C&D. Thanks again!

I have been watching this new guy in OCEAN BEACH,

OB MOTORCYCLES and from what i have seen, the guys the real deal.

You might want to check him out, I have seen everything from OLD SKOOL Moto bikes, to big v twins and everything in between

I have been watching this new guy in OCEAN BEACH,

OB MOTORCYCLES and from what i have seen, the guys the real deal.

You might want to check him out, I have seen everything from OLD SKOOL Moto bikes, to big v twins and everything in between

OB motorcycle<--clickable

B)...looks to be in the old OB surf/skate shop(*before that, old Rich's VW building)

My friend Tim is "The Bike Doctor" in Flinn Springs, just east on the I-8.

Or, call Alex at Kon Tiki Motorcycles on Garnet Ave. in PB.

Or, National City Motorcycle, talk to Rob or Mike (the owners).