DaveC

Looking for BMW Dealer

I'm newly relocated to Murrieta area and looking for my new "local" BMW dealer to maintain and take care my F800GS (recalls, etc.) . Looks like Escondido, San Diego and Riverside are all (more or less) within striking range. I am interested in hearing any experiences, good or bad, you've had. If you dont want to post bad on public forum, you can get me direct at dcummings1959@gmail.com THANKS.

i havent recieved my new to me bmw yet, its on its way from so. carolina as we speak. But i have stopped in at bmw of riverside a time or 2 and they are a really new dealership, just opened this year, and they are really motivated to build a customer base. They seem like good guys and say they have some of the best techs around, not sure as i havent had any services done there yet.

The owner, Dan Schoo seems like a good guy.

On this site i hear alot of good things about SD bmw. I havent heard much personally about Escondido, but i havent heard any bad either...

Let me know where you find you like, since i will be looking myself for a dealer now.

I think it will really boil down to the dealer you spend the most time near, like do you commute to work and pass one or another dealer that would make it more convienient.

Thanks for the info. Which BMW are you getting?

i havent recieved my new to me bmw yet, its on its way from so. carolina as we speak. But i have stopped in at bmw of riverside a time or 2 and they are a really new dealership, just opened this year, and they are really motivated to build a customer base. They seem like good guys and say they have some of the best techs around, not sure as i havent had any services done there yet.

The owner, Dan Schoo seems like a good guy.

On this site i hear alot of good things about SD bmw. I havent heard much personally about Escondido, but i havent heard any bad either...

Let me know where you find you like, since i will be looking myself for a dealer now.

I think it will really boil down to the dealer you spend the most time near, like do you commute to work and pass one or another dealer that would make it more convienient.

I just bought a 1996 bmw R1100RT on ebay last week with only 14,000 miles on it...needs some minor paint work but mechanically looks great for what i paid for it. it will be here on oct. 7th...im really stoked :D

I use Escondido BMW. They have very good service and have a nice place to wait for your bike. They have a retired R1150rtp as a loaner bike if you reserve it when scheduling your service. If you are a paid member on this forum, you will get a discount on parts/accessories too.

Great bike. Congratulations! Save your paint money and RIDE!

ote name='kellymac530' timestamp='1285522988' post='88211']

I just bought a 1996 bmw R1100RT on ebay last week with only 14,000 miles on it...needs some minor paint work but mechanically looks great for what i paid for it. it will be here on oct. 7th...im really stoked :D

That was helpful. Thanks.

I use Escondido BMW. They have very good service and have a nice place to wait for your bike. They have a retired R1150rtp as a loaner bike if you reserve it when scheduling your service. If you are a paid member on this forum, you will get a discount on parts/accessories too.

i like to spend my time in san diego over riverside if i have a choice....more TEETH per capita than the IE... :huh:

more high school diplomas per capita

more VALID ca drivers licenses p/C

less meth labs p/C

less DUIs p/C

less drug charges p/C

more insured drivers p/C

you get the point... :lol:

I am very pleased with San Diego BMW 858-560-2453. Stop in and say hello to Gary Orr the owner and super proficient rider as well. He 'gets it' and so does his staff, they are very customer service oriented. Hosting meetings, bbqs and rides for BMW enthusiasts and SDAR folks as well is one of their fine traits. Look for Stan in the shop and they always have a handful of loaners for your choosing. For parts ask for Jeff or Sean. Alan will always show you what he has new on the floor. One of our trusty steeds is my wife's 09 F650GS. I will be glad to share with you news about any up and coming events, rides or parties. It won't take long for you to feel like part of the family. Welcome aboard! :D

Todd

Dave -You know Phill Linskins correct.? He works at Escondido BMW.

Nice bike just- put 460 miles on mine this weekend.

+1 for SDBMWMC coolio.gif

Both owners are dirt riders - GOOD dirt riders(Gary is also winning races on his S1000RR). Sean D. (parts manager) is another dirt animal.

AND you get a Mighty R1200R as a loaner.

Escondido has Rick Johns as parts manager - great guy, dirt rider, and racing guy.

This is Dave Cummings (different from the Dave C one of you was thinking of I believe). Thanks to all for the info, that is helpful.

This is Dave Cummings (different from the Dave C one of you was thinking of I believe). Thanks to all for the info, that is helpful.

THE Dave Cummings?