Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Weekend of 09/11-12/10

While everybody else was out whooping it up at either the Coon Cabin weekend or the Pala Nationals, I was busy riding my trials bike. On Saturday I met Colby and Al out at McCain where we went to play on some rock piles. The weather wasn't too bad for this time of year and I got Colby to take a few shots of me on the Gas Gas.

If you are almost 80 and still on two wheels, you're doing something right.

100_1055.jpg

Out at "Al's rocks".

100_1057.jpg

Al in the foreground. Say....does that trials bike make my butt look fat? Nah, it's all the potato chips and other junk food I'm always eating that does that. <_<

100_1058.jpg

Must....not...touch....rock...with...foot. :heh:

100_1067.jpg

Al and his four stroke fuel injected Montesa.

100_1068.jpg

Sunday, I was supposed to get up early and go up to the San Bernardino's to join the gang, but overslept instead. <_< Since I hadn't cleaned up the trials bike from the day before, I decided to ride it again. This time I would go to Corral Canyon and ride some old "trials" sections and the new trail. When I got down there though, it was hot, about the mid 90s and I didn't feel like doing slow technical riding. So I rode a trail loop instead. You would think that this would be easy on a trials bike, but you would be wrong. Riding twenty five miles with no place to sit down is hard to do....and I must have bottomed out the suspension a half dozen times. My legs are killing me today. So, it's a good workout at least. :rolleyes:

100_1070.jpg

Looks like fun Mimi. As soon as my hubby gets the 280 running, I would love to join you for some trials.

hey mimi, I enjoy watching the trials stuff.....I'll have to come watch sometime....would have been great to have you up at coon... but maybe the girls can make another day run up there..before it gets too cold....(especially if I can get a week day off)....

hey mimi, I enjoy watching the trials stuff.....I'll have to come watch sometime....would have been great to have you up at coon... but maybe the girls can make another day run up there..before it gets too cold....(especially if I can get a week day off)....

I wouldn't watch me if I were you, as I'm pretty tame on a trials bike. :lol: There will probably be a SCTA event at Corral Canyon after the first of the year. It doesn't cost anything to go to one of those and ride out to the sections to watch the competitors. I'm pretty sure that I'll go out there to watch.

Sorry I missed the big weekend, but like you said there can always be some time for another ride this autumn. I know that I'll be going up to that area more often than in the past.

Nice report!! I love those 2 guys!! They are like clockwork on Saturdays at McCain! Al's Montesa is super cool. and Colby's KTM, well it is certainly set up way different than most.

dont remember what year maybe 2001 but a group of trials guys rode the entire tecate hare scrambles "pro" race 3 hour (standing of course)and a couple finished really well in the OA standings, I am still amazed to this day from that leg burner exercise.

Colby's KTM, well it is certainly set up way different than most.

Yeah...Colby is the proud owner of a 280 pound orange trials bike. :coolio::rolleyes: