Boston Mangler

3-4-07 Otay Mountain / Border Ride

Hey Guys

My wrist is finally back to normal and i wanna ride.

I propose a ride up Otay Mountain tomorrow AM.

Meet at the Mobil Station on Jamacha Blvd, Just east of Campo Road N32 44.453 W116 56.329

Meet at 9am SHARP, we will depart at 9:15am and enjoy a mild ride, casual pace with no johnny campbell impersanations! :D

Whos in? Please post up so we know who we are waiting for.

Thanks

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna offer that you come on our ride. ( I know...not s'posed to hijack )

You don't have any takers at the moment, so if you'd like to meet at 9am at Willows Rd off 8 east...take the exit and turn left....there's a turn out on the north side of the bridge.

We're thinking Veijas Grade to Boulder Creek to Mesa Grande to Black Canyon to Forest Road and back home?

Come on out and meet some of the SSC guys.....we have about 4 guys, plus you, would make 5-maybe 6....

I hate to do this, but I'm gonna offer that you come on our ride. ( I know...not s'posed to hijack )

You don't have any takers at the moment, so if you'd like to meet at 9am at Willows Rd off 8 east...take the exit and turn left....there's a turn out on the north side of the bridge.

We're thinking Veijas Grade to Boulder Creek to Mesa Grande to Black Canyon to Forest Road and back home?

Come on out and meet some of the SSC guys.....we have about 4 guys, plus you, would make 5-maybe 6....

Thanks for the offer, but i have 2 other takers (offlist) that are meeting up.

Have a good ride guys, thanks for the offer

Did you guys actually go for the ride?

You bet, :D

Kevin, his work bud and I tore it up to the monument from the 1000 trails gate. It got so windy at the top that it literally blew me and my bike over, while I was on it! It was blowing us all off our lines and off the roads. Kinda windy on top for real fun, but down in the canyons was great, chasing cattle off the road. Not sure if we got any pictures taken, maybe Kevin will chime in with some. Still had a great time on Kevin's lead! :D

Shoulda been there, :D

Jerry

It got so windy at the top that it literally blew me and my bike over, while I was on it!

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Did you get a new ride? Last I heard you sold that sweet old DR350. This is Paul the rider formerly known as KIP

Did you get a new ride? Last I heard you sold that sweet old DR350. This is Paul the rider formerly known as KIP

Hey Paul,

Yes, I got an '06 DRZ400S with only 400 miles and lots of upgrades done to it already. I'm loving the electric start! I've put it on a diet removing non-essentials, did the dynojet kit, DRC edge tail light & some other mods. Having a blast scratching it up out at Corral, Pine Valley, Kitchen Creek, Laguna, Pamo, etc..

I haven't had a chance to thank you for offering your ride to me when I was in between bikes. That was really a cool gesture! I'm amazed by all the comeraderie on this site, SDAR is a great bunch of guys. :ph34r:

Thanks again,

Jerry

Hey Paul,

Yes, I got an '06 DRZ400S with only 400 miles and lots of upgrades done to it already. I'm loving the electric start! I've put it on a diet removing non-essentials, did the dynojet kit, DRC edge tail light & some other mods. Having a blast scratching it up out at Corral, Pine Valley, Kitchen Creek, Laguna, Pamo, etc..

Jerry

Don't forget to locktite the front sprocket splines, and disconnect the clutch dissengage switch and the kick stand switch. Then there is the 3x3 mod and a rejet. If you need any help or have any questions, PM me. I am rejetting my carb this week, just in case you want to get a look at it. Ken