Strega

Lake Elsinore Grand Prix - Nov 6-7, 2010

Looks like fun..Who's racing?

I'd like to give it a go. Wanted too last year but crashed hard practicing for it the Sunday prior, had to pull outa the event. Anyone else wanna come help? race? watch?

im there...at the very least to watch and help wrench...if im healthy..i will race it.

i have always done REALLY well in that race...got 3 out of 54 in my class in one race and have never got worse than 8th with an average of 50ish always in my classes...i usually race at least 2 classes per weekend...vet novice or intermediate and 250 N or I {back in 2t days} and sometimes open class

it is a blast, i havent done it in a few years...since they were running at the LEMP track...argg

but now that it is back thru the hills and town it looks fun again

i will hook up with yah streegs

as soon as it cools down, if anyone wants to come look around i can show you most of that route...the top right hand loop area that is lake chevrolet, off to the left side is the water tower above oldtown, of course the start/finish is at the diamond stadium where the "storm" play..nice facility for a AAA team.

looks like they are NOT running down main street thru old town though like the old days and the 90s..bummer...much of that coure can be ridden on a plated bike in the weeks prior...just not the last 2 weeks or so before since they will be grading and working on it....

i will be in new york from the 18-25th of oct so if you wanna see the course we may wanna do it early in oct..

let me know

Looks interesting but a bit too open and fast for me, have too see nearer the date, could be an opportunity to get my 530 wide open for once.

it is not as open as you might think...just that one stretch back and forth along the lake inlet channel and that used to be kinda rough and not neccesarily flat out, the stuff through the hills is fairly technical for a fast track with 200 guys on it and nice roller whoops and elevation changes.

i will have to swing down by the canal and see how those straight sections look...i will keep you guys posted on how it looks...

the stadium area is like 1.5 mi from my house as the crow flies...about 4 mi on the streets...we kick back in my office and watch the stadium fire works sometimes

Found out kind of late that one of my friends was racing in the money race on Sunday, so we went out to cheer him on. Was a difficult course to spectate, so we hung out near the pits where his wife was. Had a good time and hope the turnout was enough to have the Storm stadium step up and host it again. Too bad they can't run through the town, but still fun being out there hanging out.

Anyone from here run on Sat. or Sun.?

2010 Lake Elsinore GP Results Here. Make sure you hit the "SHOW RESULTS BY CLASS" button

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=612945

Brought to you by Podium Productions and Storm Entertainment

Electronic Transponder Scoring- E Time It

Thanks to all the Fan, Racers, Staff, Sponsors and Vendors that made this event possible. 2011 is going to be even bigger!! See Ya in 2011-

This was a great race. The layout was really good and allot of fun to ride. I did it on my plated KTM 525 and took 15th in my class and finished the Harvey Mushman 100. Last lap was fun as it was getting dark. Hopefully next year a few more vender's will show up but it was still a great time. Can not wait till next year!

nice ride Cory...9 laps is alot of riding around that track....bet you were tired...any blisters?

When i did the Hamel 100 in the late 90's i thought i was gonna die by the end...but it was rewarding to finish...Congrats Cory

It was awesome. 24th (midpack) on Saturday, 83rd in the Mushman. Need to find where the pictures are posted, Robby Bell jumped down past my head near the tabletop and I biffed it right by the start dicing with whomever is #2 ranked nationally. Rocking good fun.

Gotta find the picture websites. Would love pics, the photo trailer didn't have these. I was #42 on a Husky 610 (yellow). Booya!

The one and only. You did really good on the 610 concidering how deep some of that sand got. I have not found any pictures on-line just what was in the trailer. Here are two of me going off the table top. I do not jump my 525 much but this was too much fun!

post-13488-065762900 1289877292_thumb.jp

post-13488-013510900 1289877302_thumb.jp