Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

padres going to post season?

ever since last All-Star break...incredible!!

Padres, with the little buying they did this trade deadline, are for real..IMHO anyway..

i like their chances, this weekend will be crucial to their plans...BEAT SF!!!

GO PADRES!!!

B)

Not only this weekend, but the rest of the season is set up for high drama. Most of the teams left to play are either division rivals, or other division leaders with a say in the Wild Card. GO PADRES!

I've been a Padres fan for a loooooooooooong time....it helped that Ivan Murrell married my Aunt Gale, and would invite us to games, meet players, etc.

I sure miss him though....

31VqPl%2BLEbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

im confused....there is a SEASON for priest? i thought you are a priest all year long...maybe all life long.

and bum i had NO idea you were a friar...always seemed like you were not so religious....

padre "BUM"...hmm nice ring to it.....and that is the youngest priest i have ever seen....i thought my daughter was spiritual.... :lol:

This is getting exciting. Padres in first place by a .5 game but tied for the Wild Card. Only 11 games left. Home stretch. Sure would be nice to go the the Playoffs again.

catch.bmp

Padres have done a lot of things wrong of late, but really showed up in this last series. Amazing that it has come down the last game of the season. Would love to have a tie breaker game at home Mon. Pretty darn exciting. GO PADRES! :drinks:

from the mlb site:

— If the Giants beat the Padres on Sunday, San Francisco is the NL West champion. If the Giants win and Atlanta beats Philadelphia, the Braves win the wild card.

— If the Giants win and the Braves lose, San Diego and Atlanta tie for the wild card. There would be a one-game tiebreaker Monday in Atlanta for the wild card.

— If the Padres win and the Braves lose, San Diego wins the NL West and San Francisco gets the wild card. The Braves would be eliminated. The Padres get the division title because they won the season series against the Giants.

— If the Padres win and the Braves win, San Diego, San Francisco and Atlanta all finish 91-71. The Giants and Padres would play a one-game tiebreaker for the NL West title Monday night in San Diego. The loser would then go to Atlanta for a one-game playoff for the wild card on Tuesday night (the Braves would host either the Padres or Giants because Atlanta won the season series against both teams).

— If the Padres win and the Braves lose, San Diego wins the NL West and San Francisco gets the wild card. The Braves would be eliminated. The Padres get the division title because they won the season series against the Giants.

— If the Padres win and the Braves win, San Diego, San Francisco and Atlanta all finish 91-71. The Giants and Padres would play a one-game tiebreaker for the NL West title Monday night in San Diego. The loser would then go to Atlanta for a one-game playoff for the wild card on Tuesday night (the Braves would host either the Padres or Giants because Atlanta won the season series against both teams).

This has been a debate, and no one has stepped up to set it straight. Using that logic there should be no division playoff if the padres win, because they have already beat the Giants head to head. It cant be both ways.