KTMrad

Seth Enslow Breaks Jump Record

I know Seth busted that one out on a modified H-D and that is a feat for sure. And Seth...well is Seth and has been one of the original crusty demons free riders since the early 90s, cool jump and good tribute to the early jumpers on their XR750 Harleys.

But Robbie (Maddo) Maddison is the man with the long distance travel plan. 350.98 feet!!! PS He is a BRUX rider and a very calm and pleasant gent as you will ever meet. Check Maddo's website for his Corinth Canal jump, that is a no option to fail daredevil stunt for sure. Maddo is truly the top dog of distance and height jumps.

http://www.robbiemaddison.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&catid=3&Itemid=12

I was wondering exactly what the parameters were on "long distance record"... is it the ramp launch/landing, as opposed to an earth made one?

I thought Robbie Maddison had the record too; thanks for the post Robert...

as for "no fail" options... any of these really big jumps are "no fail" options... they throw some sick ---- these days...

seths jump is the longest on harley big twin....maddo's is the longest ever on anything with 2 wheels

Seth`s bike is an XR,(Sportster) not a Big Twin.

big twin as in "big" cc twin...as in not a twin aprilia motor...

or even a ktm 990 twin...

big twin as in 1200cc....

where do you draw the line at big twin? the older "BIG" twins were 61c.i. and 74c.i. which is rouchly 1000cc and 1200cc...

i happen to have a "big twin" catalog here and there is sportster parts in it...even 883 parts...holy crap...now im confused :blink:

a sportster is a big twin...maybe not by the arrogant, poser, leather clad, bald head, wanna be, weekend bikers that think that because their bike has 96, 102, or even 106cc+ they are better riders than anyone else...definition...

seth jumped a production based, 1200cc, air cooled, pushrod driven, twin shocked, non-linked,80ish hp, 600 lb motorcycle 183ft.

maddo jumped a {fairly}modern 2 stroke, uni-link, long travel, 75+ hp, 225 lb. motorcycle that was built for jumping..350 ft.

2 completely different beast, doing 2 completely different jumps....that was the point

big twin as in "big" cc twin...as in not a twin aprilia motor...

or even a ktm 990 twin...

big twin as in 1200cc....

where do you draw the line at big twin? the older "BIG" twins were 61c.i. and 74c.i. which is rouchly 1000cc and 1200cc...

i happen to have a "big twin" catalog here and there is sportster parts in it...even 883 parts...holy crap...now im confused :blink:

a sportster is a big twin...maybe not by the arrogant, poser, leather clad, bald head, wanna be, weekend bikers that think that because their bike has 96, 102, or even 106cc+ they are better riders than anyone else...definition...

seth jumped a production based, 1200cc, air cooled, pushrod driven, twin shocked, non-linked,80ish hp, 600 lb motorcycle 183ft.

maddo jumped a {fairly}modern 2 stroke, uni-link, long travel, 75+ hp, 225 lb. motorcycle that was built for jumping..350 ft.

2 completely different beast, doing 2 completely different jumps....that was the point

From everything I`ve always heard Sportsers are their own family, Everything else is a big twin, (except V-rods). Big twins have a seperate engine crankcase and transmission connected by the primary chaincase, which is what some people remove and install the belt drive units. Sportster engines have a common crankcase, trans and chaincase casting. Big twins would be crazy to jump, (way heavier)

all of the rubber mounted harleys are a unit motor...dynas, electras, road kings etc...the still have a primary drive chain, but the motor and trans mounted together like a unit.

the sporsters are cast with the crankcase and trans case together, but there still is a primary drive chain inside....

but yes the "big twins" are heavier..

no one i know of has ever really jumped the bigger motors...only the sportster,or sportster based XR bikes.

still a big ol pig to jump