Fatrat21

2010 Husqvarna TE510 oil change

This week I picked up a 2010 Husqvarna TE510. I’m going to take it for a decent ride this weekend and plan on changing the oil when I’m done. I maybe missing it but I can’t find the part number for the oil filter in the owner’s manual. Does anyone know what the PN# is for filter? Also the manual is calling for CASTROL POWER 1 RACING 10W-50. Is there a better oil to use? I’m all for sticking with the manufactures recommendations but I would also like to know what others are using in this bike as well. I’m also open to aftermarket filters like K&N so if anybody knows what that PN# is please let me know.

Thank you

The part # has changed since my year model of TE (and by the way, K&N was the OEM supplier for my year model), but for yours in a Hiflow brand it shows as a #563. The debate over what type of oil to use rages on and on, but one thing's for sure. Everybody uses something different in their TE's, and everybody seems happy with what they are using. You don't need a fancy full synthetic to make your Husky engine happy. A lot of guys use petroleum based Rotella T 15-40 from Walmart in their motors and have good results. I have used Maxima Premium 20/50 and Honda GN4 20-50 in my bike for over three years now and engine wear is very low.

I suggest using the side filter plugs for draining your oil and leave the drain plug alone. If you do use the drain plug, make sure you have the crush washer on it, if you install it without the crush washer, the taper plug will ruin the plug hole threads.

Spend some time reading on Cafe Husky, there is a lot of good info there.

Look forward to seeing the bike out on the trail. ;) Ken

its not a husky, but in my katoom i run motul full synthetic.

that motor is a very tight tolerance, high performance motor and the point of heat breakdown is higher on a quality synthetic oil.

i know the full syn brands are kind of expensive compared to a rotella {which is a good oil, no doubt} but i consider a motul or maxima or castrol type of oils CHEAP insurance...you pay 8-10k for a new euro ds bike, pay for insurance on your bike and your person {life and health} you buy all the best gear, tires and tubes, lube your chain, clean your filter, buy a nice truck to haul it to the desert, an rv to tow or drive out there so mama can be comfy...etc etc etc....and then try to save 5 bucks an oil change using cheaper non synthetic oil... ;) i dont get it

as for me i will use the slightly more expensive but PROVEN better by scientific tests full syn oils

cant wait to see the new scooter dale...nice ride ;)

its not a husky, but in my katoom i run motul full synthetic.

that motor is a very tight tolerance, high performance motor and the point of heat breakdown is higher on a quality synthetic oil.

Well, see there....if you had a Husky instead, it wouldn't be so finicky about motor oil. :unsure:

Thank you for the great feedback and I really appreciate the part number for the filter.

Thank you again everyone. :unsure:

:lol:

i never said "I know oils"

lord know i dont know jack $h!+

but i do know a guy, who knows a guy that read about oil once :unsure:

;)