We have some gear for him, a bike for him (he's on his own for pants undies and socks)

He will be in town July 18th and I said I would show him around- I think he is near downtown, so if anybody from that area wants to pick him up, that would be one less concern (finding my house in redneck central)

I would like to get a group of 5 or so, and keep the speeds halfway up. Let him decide when he wants to take pics etc. Location will partially depend on the weather. North County or East County...if its East I'll pick the route (advice is always welcome even if my sarcastic responses imply otherwise)I think pine valley up to sunrise, around to Corral would give him a good perspective about San Diego at large

The Ride

Me

DaJudge

TH

xr650lnoob

Ralph

Rexr

Steelrain

Ready to Ride at 6:30 AM. Pine Valley cul-de-sac (you need an Adventure Pass to park there) Option: DS out or park behind Majors in PV & ride over.

Current plan: Street to Morena Stokes, in to Kernan, up to 4 corners. Trail 1 to Bobcat & roll the dice.

I can swing through downtown to pickup a person... unless it is easier for somebody else.

Count as a fence sitter who is planning on being IN!

Golden hill rider- it dajudge...you know almost as much as I do now

David- get off the fence- you'll get a splinter in your +++

Strega- you had expressed interest too

Anybody else?

Any of the usual suspects want to help me lead him around?

Rex, kelly, brad, schwinn, mimi, paul, ...you know...all the morans that have ridden with me and would still do it again...

Well, as long as we're all morans and not morons..... :lol:

And we have had good times....like the time I crashed on my hip and had a bruise the size of Texas for 6 weeks and you tossed your cookies....no wait, how about the time we rode in the snow and you tossed your chain in the mud hole....or the time I was too pooped to ride over White Mountain and you burned your leg on my exhaust pipe while trying to assist me. Hey, ya know what? I never saw you get a flat tire while I was on a ride with you. :)

Morans is a running gag at advrider...so don't be one and fall for it

Mimi- you got pwned

I'm using the 2010 calendar for the rest of the year...you?

:lol:

Its a Sunday

duh ... ok, i'm in. :huh:

I'm in pending any scheduling conflicts..

It is going to be hot in my area too.. Not sure how the Ramona / Palomar area will be.

ok- we'll start at 0 dark thirty... then as it starts getting hot, relax for a cold one... we'll make it up to Mt Laguna, and hope the elevation takes the edge off... maybe hit Corral or Lark before it gets too early... then do some easy trails/roads... maybe up in to Julian or just Mt Laguna

ok- we'll start at 0 dark thirty...

Oh yeah.....that's why I never make it out to any of your your rides anymore. :unsure:

Oh yeah.....that's why I never make it out to any of your your rides anymore. :unsure:

Sleep is a close cousin to death.

Bob - When and where is the link up?

I'll make definite plans when I get an up to date weather report... thinking of sun-up in Alpine... Viejas Grade to Pine Valley then Buckman to Kernan... Kernan to Four Corners... some trails...Buckman back to Sunrise... Sunrise to Pine Creek Road or the Double track that comes down... then a burger and a cold one in Pine Valley

David... I have those panels at work today... email me when you know what time you can pick up. they are loose in a box, so you will need some restraint OR I can bring out some saran wrap

So you will need some restraint OR I can bring out some saran wrap

I am all about kinky, but not a first date!

I KNEW that was a bit of a set-up, but had no idea you would go THERE :unsure:

enjoy your plastic parts :o

Wow. I just spotted this thread. Here's my intro from about a month ago - Greetings from Texas. I ride (and eat) with Two Wheel Texans, but I'm also on ThumperTalk (mostly the YZ450 sub-forum) and ADVRider (there I'm "PinkFloyd")

Bikeslut and TrophyHunter have very generous in helping me get set up to ride with y'all. Thanks guys. See ya the 18th.

Floyd

Bump!

We"re starting early, and will be starting at Pine Valley, most likely...depending on weather, we'll run up Bear Valley to Corral for some easyish trails, then buckman to pine creek...

So far we have: trophy, dajudge, rain, 1ronm@n, me, trophy spawn (?) And xrlnoob I think-

Pace as always dictated by the slowest rider (me probably)

This is a DS ride, so plates only, unless you want to run dirt with us, then split up

A couple of us will have radios...so bring em if u got em

Stilling hoping to be in on this... not sure though. I had to blow off last weekend for a rescue mission.

Are there any more specifics for the ride on Sunday? i.e. When? Where? . . . .

This would be my first ride. Do most people trailer to the meeting area? I'll be coming from Poway.

Thanks for the info.

Ralph - 1st post has some updates. I'm trucking to the meet spot with two bikes.

Hope to see you there.

Do most people trailer to the meeting area? I'll be coming from Poway.

I dislike towing my bike to the ride, but it is a great option for when you are going from Poway to Pine Valley. On the Freeway it takes me about an hour (and I have a heavy right foot), on the DRZ it takes even longer (and fists are made of ham). Doing the whole route from my house offroad is a project I am still working on.

If you want to ride share we could meet at the Sabre Springs/Ted Williams Parkway HOV lot. PM me if interested.