Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2010 Tecate Enduro Los Ancianos 50th anniversary edition

This will be the real deal!!Challenge yourself. keep an eye on www.losancianos.com for upcoming info.

the same weekend as the Return of the Catalina Grand Prix on Catalina Island.

hhhm. What to do??????

I sure miss the Tecate HS but I also am interested in racing the Catalina GP.

I want to do this as could not fit it in last year and after reports it sounded great fun.

Catalina will certainly be a huge event, dont imagine it will be an AA course. Sure it will be a Hollywood event and super fun. I've imagined that a well set up pro SM machine may even be a smart ride.

Tecate will be a knockdown drag out battle with the terrain and your body, a smaller number of riders, but if it's like the last 2 enduros in 94, 97 should be a tough long National caliber course.

PS rumor has it that the Los Ancianos may move the race away from the Cat GP.

I may have to try this enduro, but I need a smaller bike to ride. We'll see if Husky will loan me one :lol:

I may have to try this enduro, but I need a smaller bike to ride. We'll see if Husky will loan me one :lol:

2010 TXC250 would be my choice!!. or.......2011 TE310!!!

But I dont have a choice, mine has all ready been done.....my mucho modded and by then rebuilt 2008 TXC450 is the ride for me

That video looks great fun Robert.

More info now on their web page including entry forms, 3 x 30+ mile loops, national enduro format but yikes $135 entry fee for pre entry.

Tecate Enduro

I am sticking up for the LA entry fee expense (I know 135 is alot).

But listen Logistically a very difficult matter, ranch property rental fees (payoff etc). folks to man all the checks. 90 miles of single track and alot of it will be tough and all one way use. They probably will never do one of these Enduros again (Im sure we will see more Harescambles). They are laying out routes NOW.......this is major undertaking and once its underway and you are in it and if you finish you will get your moneys worth, every penny.

This is worth it for the ride alone and that is why I keep comming back, I have missed only 2003 since 1994 there were some no race years in there as well. Anyone who thinks they know how to ride real single track should do this thing just to fully understand how good the pro level enduro guys are and to test your own ability and mental power in real test of person and machine. Every one of these type of Nat caliber events that I have entered always turn out to be real epic thrillers and give you the best post event feeling and bench race stories. The event will be epic in every way and for local B+ riders it should not be missed. all this is IMHO,

this is true adventure ride all for the cost of a new tire. RN

I know I don't know how to ride tru singletrack but I am going to do it anyway, will be a learning experience. Maybe if we get plenty of rain beforehand it will suite me more, bring it on.

I know I don't know how to ride tru singletrack but I am going to do it anyway, will be a learning experience. Maybe if we get plenty of rain beforehand it will suite me more, bring it on.

Dai looking forward to riding with you, more internationals!!! our crew has US,Italian, French,Mex riders all representing. You Welsh right? you are right pray for some pre race rain, not too much but enough for clear trails and some muddy stream crossings!!

Dai looking forward to riding with you, more internationals!!! our crew has US,Italian, French,Mex riders all representing. You Welsh right? you are right pray for some pre race rain, not too much but enough for clear trails and some muddy stream crossings!!

Yes Robert I am Welsh, and enduros along with rugby our basically our national sports. A bit of rain would be good for Tecate but looking forward to it anyway, I just ask you not to run me over when passing me, looking forward to meeting and riding with you and your crew. From videos looks as though my 300 KTM is not ideal bike but it will get anywhere as long as I can hang on, sounds like it will be tough, especially last loop, have to get some practise in.

set up well, the 300Kato is the ideal mount, just get er set up in the quickest turning arrangement, smoothest power settings and good turn in are the tickets.

I digress completly,this is a side note to all the Kato riders (it just popped in to my head), most KTMs 80%(just wild a%& number guess) are not set up correctly suspension wise by their riders, this causes them to be slugglish and ride around the front end (like a chopper) instead of into and onto the front end for positive steering, set up correctly these things will rail corners with minimal energy expended and reward trail riders and step their ride level up.

So I try for an excuse and get shot down, still think a 150/200 2 stroke or 250F is the right bike but the 300 KTM is OK in this sort of going, the problem is more the rider especially toward the end where it can wear you out.

But Robert is absolutely correct KTM's with PDS rear suspension are quite (overly) sensitive to shock setup, if you even wear a heavy jacket and backpack you should be changing rear spring not just preload to get best handling, it is that noticeable, much more so tahn linkage bikes.

I rode the 250K in 86, 87, 88, 90 92 and 94. This used to be the premier race on the west coast attracting the top riders on the enduro curcuit and most of the factory teams. For me, a D37 A rider, this was a chance to race with the fast guys, actually to get passed by some really famous riders. The 250K is a long day and a slow decline to your eventual demise(houring out). I did manage to eventually get a few finishers pins. All good- I'm looking foreward to a rematch. I'll be the 61 YO guy on a KTM 300.

Bill,

We have another 60+ class rider from our crew that be there as well, looks like you guys have a class!! You older guys rock!!!

I just got back a mountain bike ride with a couple of my dirt bike buddies and we're gonna be a team! It'll be 4- 60+ former A guys with lots of Tecate experience. This race used to make a D37 enduro seem like a family enduro. We all still ride together every week and ride MTB's 2-3 X's a week so expectations are high. The goal will be to not do anything embarrassing and finish. As is said, when the flag drops the BS stops!

a 2010 Tecate Enduro revisit with this great hcam footage. This is why we "race", to ride the most bitchen trails available.

Robert, you're right that's exactly why I'll enter every Tecate Enduro the Los Ancianos put on. I've riden Tecate since 1986 and only stopped when the border line to come home started to exceed 1 hour. After reliving the Enduro watching those videos I think week day trail rides are in order. VIVA TECATE