KTMrad

Your Personal Bike Photos

Cool pix Rad, I always wanted to do some road racing, but only went to school on Willow Springs one time.

More bike photos......I'm playing with my new scanner, and having a good time looking at old pics.

My first bike on my first big 3 week road trip, from NY to Wyoming in 1986 with my friend Tim on his Harley.....yes, that's me with the red '81 Seca 750....I put over 40,000 miles on the Seca in 4 years.

259738357_V4Him-M.jpg

Just call me Easy Rider.... :P and yes, we didn't wear our helmets for most of the trip, it was our first really big trip and we took advantage of the freedom.....

259738480_ViZcm-M.jpg

My 2nd bike, '89 FJ1200 which I bought new and put 107,000 miles on her before her retirement. Here I'm on my 11,000 mile road trip from NY to San Diego in 6 weeks, the bikes posing at Bryce Canyon. My friend Larry was on his Ninja 1000.

259738392_oLtiB-M.jpg

And the FJ again, fully loaded with camping gear on a 18 day trip from SD to Washington State. In this pic, I was dualsporting her to the most Northwestern point in the US.....Cape Flattery.

259738456_c2di6-M.jpg

Looks like you had some great adventures on the highways. Also looks like you had all street bikes. Don't you have any pictures of any dorky old trail bikes or mini bikes? :):P:o:P:P

Looks like you had some great adventures on the highways. Also looks like you had all street bikes. Don't you have any pictures of any dorky old trail bikes or mini bikes? :P:):P:P:o

I didn't start riding until 1986, and never had a dirtbike / dualsport until 1995, so answer to your question is no :(

My father wouldn't let me have a moto while living under his roof. Got the Seca 750 while living in Houston, then rode it from Houston to NY later that year when I moved back east.

I don't have any pics of my first bike -- a green Suzuki GT550 3-cyl 2-stroke. Not as fast as the Kawi's of the day but still a great bike.

Ended up selling that to Crawdaddy in late 1979 and buying this (1980 GS750 - first year of the 4-valve head for Suzuki).

3536792_UFaCU-M.jpg

After many miles I ended up putting in a 865 piston kit and having some head work done, replace the frontend with one from the 1100 since I had to replace it anyway (oops), better shocks, braided stainless brake lines, rear sets -- it was a really fun bike. I finally sold it five years ago, still running strong.

Ended up selling that to Crawdaddy in late 1979.....

I woke up this morning feeling pretty old/sore after you kicked my ass in racketball last night......then I meander over to the SDAR forum after lunch with Schwinn (thanks Schwinn) and read about a bike I bought from you "29" years ago......so now I'm feeling REALLY old(er).......this isn't helping my pre-marathon mindset!!! :lol:;):lol:

Ended up selling that to Crawdaddy in late 1979.....

I woke up this morning feeling pretty old/sore after you kicked my ass in racketball last night......then I meander over to the SDAR forum after lunch with Schwinn (thanks Schwinn) and read about a bike I bought from you "29" years ago......so now I'm feeling REALLY old(er).......this isn't helping my pre-marathon mindset!!! :D:lol::D

There's always Golf :lol:

Some day I plan on shooting under my age (and yeah - before you ask - thats for nine not eighteen :lol:;) )

Good luck on Sunday!!

Went through some old photos this morning......was trying to find one of the 77 GT550....no luck......the 82 GPZ 500.....no luck.....the 83 GPZ 750 Turbo.....no luck.....but did find a few pics of the "2" 1995 GPZ 1100's that I've owned/loved.....wish I would've kept one of'em.....kind of a crappy photo of a photo.....but you get the idea.....loaded up somewhere along 395 between San Diego and Tahoe:

GPZ1100.jpg