Sign in to follow this  
bluefin2na

STOLEN TRAILER FULL OF BIKES AND GEAR

that is so wrong, i hate thieves :D

hopefully the will get caught...my buddy and i saw a guy go riding by our camp in OW on his stolen bike a few years ago. it was stolen from his shop in elsinore. a couple of us threw on our helmets and took off after him, he had a head start since we had to helmet up.

others called the rangers and gave them directions to where he was heading.

i caught up to him after about 5 miles of WFO 5th gear down gas dome.

a friend went back to lead the rangers in to us...they took the bike for ID, took his info, and off we all went.

my buddy got his bike back later but it was pretty beat after having the "ride it like you stole it" treatment for about a year.

nothing happened to the punk that we caught riding it, cops said they couldnt prove "HE" stole it....still a possesion charge i would think, but oh well....kinda rewarding chasing that fool down and putting a little fear of GOD in him...or at least fear of me ;)

Well, sometimes people do get their bikes back. SOMETIMES.

One of our CRF50's was stolen from an employees back yard in El Cajon. Neighbors talked and the guy was tracked down within 2 days.

Another instance was where a friend of mine had his trailor stolen front his front yard with three bikes in it. Two years later the cops call and tell him they recovered one of them, a YZf.

I was amazed.

I got a 360 Honda back in the 70's. Went to the local shop and told them to keep their eyes open. A kid came in for a ignition and they called the SO.

I dropped off a 12 pack on Friday after work. It was in Wisconsin and beer is a universal gift.

Phill

(Watching my KLR rust up here in Washington)

That SUX. =\

ditto that, and good job kelly, nice to know some bad guys don't get away with it...

thieves seem to be all over the place these days. this past sunday night some late teens-early 20s broke into the mechanics shop i work at and stole most of our diagnostic equipment. they obviously had cased the place before hand as our battery tester was half in a box which was not where we left it and according to ADT the police were there within 7 minutes of the initial door busting. after some deliberation we figured out it was a group of young men/teens who came in wanting to look at the 1970 challenger we are restoring in the shop coincidentally near the diagnostic equipment. my boss said sure and sent his wife who does most of the paperwork in the office to show it to them. after about 5 minutes they took their leave but one of them had looked very nervous the entire time and while thinking back the other two did a very good job of looking around. luckily for us, a business up the street had these same people sitting in a car in the ally behind their business and after a short conversation they left but not before the owner took down the license plate number. so we are still waiting for the police to hopefully catch these guys and trying to get some more diagnostic stuff. while all the tools were insured through the business, it takes at least a week often longer to get more equipment and this is what has hurt us the most.

Had a 1981 Seca 750 stolen once. Figured it was gone for good so I went out and bought a new GPZ-1100 a couple days later.

Turns out they recovered the bike the next day, but it took them almost two weeks to get around to notifying me.

The bike had every lock on it messed up and a few scratches on it from when the theives left it in the weeds, but Allstate took care of me and I think I came out ahead in the end when I finally got around to selling the bike.

Actually worked out well as I kept it as a loaner bike for my friends to ride for a while.

So, I'll keep my fingers crossed for these poor guys.