ever try to kick a left side kicker? grrrrrr...

ype i had a 1997 ktm 620sxc kick only bike...dang that thing was like kick starting a big block chevy..it took 2 men and a small boy to start that thing...especially till i got the jetting and the valve adjustment right....

my motto on people riding that bike was.."if you can start it...you can ride it"

piston the size of a paint can, 12.5:1 compression, left side kick, delorto carb, and a K-ick T-en M-inutes designer...man i dont that thing...but the power was earth shattering :lol:

They're sideways on my computer too. Hmmm. Slut, thanks for the pics and the ride! That was a great group of folks and a ton of fun. I DID have one low speed get off on trail 6 whilst attempting to use the force to guide me over rocks I couldn't see in the lingering dust of sdmxer. Practice paduan, practice.. :lol: And of course my over heating pumpkin precluded me from riding the last part of the 8/9 'sploration. Grrrr I guess it's time to dust off that jug of engine ice I have sitting on my work bench.

Alas, I simply saw no opportunity to run anyone over

Thanks again for the ride and the company folks!

zoot, my pumpkin used to over heat all of the time too...until i jetted it with a JD jet kit, hasnt gotten hot since...if you havent done that...trust me best 95 bucks i ever spent.

zoot, my pumpkin used to over heat all of the time too...until i jetted it with a JD jet kit, hasnt gotten hot since...if you havent done that...trust me best 95 bucks i ever spent.

Seriously? Details please :lol: I have an '06 450EXC What year/model is yer punkin and what did you jet to?

ype i had a 1997 ktm 620sxc kick only bike...dang that thing was like kick starting a big block chevy..it took 2 men and a small boy to start that thing...especially till i got the jetting and the valve adjustment right....

my motto on people riding that bike was.."if you can start it...you can ride it"

piston the size of a paint can, 12.5:1 compression, left side kick, delorto carb, and a K-ick T-en M-inutes designer...man i dont that thing...but the power was earth shattering :(

ever try to kick a left side kicker? grrrrrr... many many times,,,,, need to re adjust the feel. had an original 1986 510TX air cooled Husky 4T for a numer of years, and rode alot and did some races on a 98 TE610 (not mine).

Exactly! Tuning is everything, and technique, a smooth old school kick stroke and they should light right off when dialed in. All needs to be dialed in well, Ig timing, valve timing (watch for chain stretch) and of course carbby set up! I cant wait to get back on the beast,,,well both beasts the 610 and my soon to be all new 450.

BS, Looks like it was a nice group ride!!

My 640 was a left side kick, hard to get used too. Glad I didn't have to use it much at all, great starting bike.

But, it has been SOLD.

My 640 was a left side kick, hard to get used too. Glad I didn't have to use it much at all, great starting bike.

But, it has been SOLD.

I remember watching you kick, and kick, and kick that thing at Sandy Valley, after lunch on the LAB2V ride two years ago!!! :(