Sign in to follow this  

Enclosed is the most recent consolidated report from traffic related fatalities in San Diego County. It appears we are making strides in reducing the motorcycle category numbers in regards to the misuse of drugs and alcohol. However, the other categories still have excessively high numbers.

We are making a difference and know that it will take perseverance and dedication. I’m honored to work with you in reducing and one day eliminating these numbers.

Classification

Ages

Notes

Driver

19-88

10 Killed (2 involved BAC .05, .21 ) (2 involved Drugs .04, .23 )

Pedestrian

15-82

12 Killed (4 involved BAC .15, .11, .11, .25 ) (3 involved Drugs.21, .14, .28 )

Motorcycle

39-48

2 Killed ( 0 involved BAC ) ( 0 involved Drugs )

Passenger

21-43

4 Killed (1 involved BAC .16 ) ( 0 involved Drugs )

Bicycle

38-40

2 Killed (1 involved BAC .39 ) (1 involved Drugs .43 )

Respectfully,

Darby Vorce

Darby Vorce, Executive Director

Pacific Safety Council

9880 Via Pasar Suite F

San Diego, CA 92126

Office (858) 621-2313 Ext. #111

Cell (858) 442-2313

Fax (858) 689-0040 fax

www.pscsd.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Our Mission...The Council is dedicated to making our communities safer places to live, learn, work and play by providing quality education, information, programs and events.

thanks john, my son will be in class and on range next week...hope he gets you for a teacher....I'm thankful to have the course as a resource...makes me feel better with him on a bike...

Enclosed is the most recent consolidated report from traffic related fatalities in San Diego County. It appears we are making strides in reducing the motorcycle category numbers in regards to the misuse of drugs and alcohol. However, the other categories still have excessively high numbers.

We are making a difference and know that it will take perseverance and dedication. I’m honored to work with you in reducing and one day eliminating these numbers.

Classification

Ages

Notes

Driver

19-88

10 Killed (2 involved BAC .05, .21 ) (2 involved Drugs .04, .23 )

Pedestrian

15-82

12 Killed (4 involved BAC .15, .11, .11, .25 ) (3 involved Drugs.21, .14, .28 )

Motorcycle

39-48

2 Killed ( 0 involved BAC ) ( 0 involved Drugs )

Passenger

21-43

4 Killed (1 involved BAC .16 ) ( 0 involved Drugs )

Bicycle

38-40

2 Killed (1 involved BAC .39 ) (1 involved Drugs .43 )

Respectfully,

Darby Vorce

Darby Vorce, Executive Director

Pacific Safety Council

9880 Via Pasar Suite F

San Diego, CA 92126

Office (858) 621-2313 Ext. #111

Cell (858) 442-2313

Fax (858) 689-0040 fax

www.pscsd.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Our Mission...The Council is dedicated to making our communities safer places to live, learn, work and play by providing quality education, information, programs and events.

Was that the person killed, or the person who killed they bicyclist?

My next range is 12-13 June, Time span of this report is 30 days. Don't know the details of each report, it is feed back from CHP.

Without the accident report for each incident, the statistics don't have much meaning. There was a minimal story in the paper about a fellow who got killed on Hwy 76 about 2 weeks ago, but until I read a first person account by a witness (who happens to be the Pres. of the BMW owners club) I could only speculate on the facts. In my opinion, most accidents fall into 2 categories... drinking (car or bike) and riding over your head (mostly sportbikes, some rookie Harley riders). The only statistic that matters is how well YOU practice safe riding technique, and maintain extreme vigilance towards your situational awareness.

Nicely said,:lol:

"The only statistic that matters is how well YOU practice safe riding techniques, and maintain extreme vigilance towards your situational awareness. "

Enclosed is the summarized data for the traffic related fatalities in San Diego County for May 2010.

While this data does not tell the whole story, it does show that the use of alcohol and drugs is still prevalent and a factor in these fatalities. The good news is that the last three categories (Motorcycle, Passenger and Bicycle) have made considerable improvements in reducing the alcohol and drug influence. The bad news is that 36% of our drivers killed during this timeframe were under the influence of either alcohol or drugs--or both.

Please drive safely! Your work matters and we are making a difference!

Classification

Ages

Notes

Driver

19-87

14 Killed (5 involved BAC .04, .21, .16, .15, .07 ) (5 involved Drugs .05, .23, .18, .16, .08, ) 1- Unrestrained

Pedestrian

7-59

12 Killed (4 involved BAC .25, .11, .33, .28 ) (3 involved Drugs .28, .38, .29 )

Motorcycle

39-48

3 Killed ( 0 involved BAC ) ( 1 involved Drugs .31 ) 3-Ejected

Passenger

O7-95

6 Killed (0 involved BAC ) ( 0 involved Drugs ) 1- Unrestrained

Bicycle

0 Killed (0 involved BAC ) (0 involved Drugs )

More sad news in the paper yesterday, they ID'ed another fellow who got killed riding with the S.D. Sportbike meetup group. Once again it appears that someone got in over his head because of a group ride (gotta impress) mentality. The real accident was the couple on the Harley on I-15 who hit a BBQ that fell of a truck, went down, got up with minor injuries and were hit by a CAR while standing in the roadway. That's an accident, but still there are some ways that they may have been able to minimize their risk. The other interesting MC accident news was the 2 CHP motors last week. One hit on the shoulder while issuing a ticket, the other hit a semi while in a pursuit. I would love to read the reports.