Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Highland Motorcycles

Sounds expensive. I hope they can stay in business. Seems like every American motorcycle company besides Harley fails. And Harley is not doing very well these days either.

love the concept...sure it wont be cheap....my guess is 15k.

the weights are not as good as i thought they could be on their singles, but the twin is really light. a 750/950 for 281lbs dry weight thats pretty good. the twin could be a really good platform for a twin adventure bike, better than a gs if it is smooth and lighter than an adv ktm, could be best of both worlds....parts availability could be an issue tho on a rtw trip....but they may have a really good central parts and shipping center- that could fix that problem.

neat idea having your own initials in your bikes vin number

Very sad news from Highland Motorcycles this week.

I hope they can continue the dream.

www.ushighland.com

US Highland executives die in plane crash

Company founder, COO and CFO killed in Tulsa crash

By Motorcycle.Com Staff, Jul. 12, 2010

A plane crash near Tulsa, Okla., claimed the lives of three executives of motorcycle manufacturer US Highland.

US Highland President and founder Mats Malmberg, 41, Chief Operating Officer Chase Bales, 51, and Chief Financial Officer Damian Riddoch, 37, were returning to Tulsa July 10 after a business trip in Detroit. The three were en route to Jones Riverside Airport in Tulsa on a fixed-wing multi-engine Cessna.

At around 10 p.m., Bales, the pilot and owner of the plane, requested an emergency landing at Tulsa International Airport, reporting the aircraft was low on fuel. The plane crashed shortly after in a wooded area in Mohawk Park, 2,000 yards northeast of Tulsa International Airport. According to local authorities, Malmberg survived the crash but died shortly after being rushed to hospital.

A former motocross racer, Malmberg founded Highland Motorcycles AB in Sweden in 1997. After an agreement with sell the company to ATK fell through, Malmberg teamed up with Bales, a fellow motocross racer and venture capitalist, and relocated the company to Oklahoma, renaming it US Highland.

Malmberg is survived by his wife and three children, Bales is survived by his wife and two children, and Riddoch is survived by his wife and four children.

that is tragic for the company, but even more so for their families...i hate that kind of news....

dont leave home without telling your family that you love them....hug and kiss those you love every chance you get, and tell everyone that you love, that you love them every day....