Sign in to follow this  
tsr

another newby

Well, at the prodding of Crawdaddy, I've joined SDAR. My name is Dave, age 52 this Friday (Apr 23) and currently ride a Suzuki LTZ-400 quad (I can hear Chris now, still calling me a quad-tard). I have ridden a plated XR-400 in the past, but wasn't riding it much, concentrating on the quad and my street bike (Kawasaki Z750-S) instead. I sold the XR to finance the street bike. I live in Temecula, CA, and the "T" in tsr is for Temecula.

More information: I first met Crawdaddy when we both owned/rode a Kawasaki GPz-1100 back in the mid-'90's. We rode frequently including at the Mammoth Bluesapalloza (sp?). On the XR-400 I've ridden with him on two consecutive Death Valley 350's, the first one without him day 1 when his KTM 400 crapped out. I've also ridden with him on the benefit ride out of Beaumont. I just finished riding "with" him on the Bar 10. I actually rode with stomp996 for most of the ride and along with him had called the Bar 10 to warn Crawdaddy and the others about the snow issues of our return leg. Crawdaddy and I also frequently camp together at Superstition and Glamis (when he still had quads).

I am considering a dual-sport bike in the future, but to be honest I am liking my quad still, even though I get ribbed for being a quad-tard and not having a plate. Crawdaddy encouraged me to join SDAR and post my Bar 10 write up. Until I "wise up," I hope that four wheels aren't two wheels too many.

My Bar 10 write up is in the Rides Forum...

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...amp;#entry72937

Welcome aboard Dave.. Just ignore Crawdaddy.. We do..

You need a bike. You can't ride real single track on a quadtard. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard.

My brother-in-law taught me how to ride the quad on two wheels (not a wheelie, nor stoppie, but on two side wheels). Not sure how long I could keep that up, though...

I can hear Chris now, still calling me a quad-tard

:ph34r::lol:

Welcome aboard Dave......

Hi Dave, Welcome....You will be wanting a bike in NO time....hanging around here...especially seeing desert season is over....I started on quads for a long time, and can't beleive how much I LOVE my bikes.....I have 2 plated bikes, so perhaps you can join in on a plated ride with us soon...

Welcome Dave. I had same quad=good machine. There is plenty of area to ride quad...riding is riding...2/3/4 wheels work just fine.

welcome...i have been a quadtard for 18 yrs(get used to the name calling) i bought a new 07 yfz450 and yr later( 2 yrs ago) got my first motorcycle 625sxc and sadly i dont ride my quad much anymore, but still love riding both. i would def look into getting a dualsport, so much fun.