stroked 550

DRZ 400 DS

I am looking to buy a DRZ 400 DS what is the oldest year that I should be looking at to avoid registration/renewal problems?

thanks,

Andrew

If it's a DRZ400 "s" or "sm" it shouldn't be a problem. The "E" model (if plated) should be 2003 or older.

Somebody plz correct me (like I had to ask) if I'm wrong.

I bought a 2000 plated DRZ-E about a month ago and the DMV didn't even blink at the title x-fer. LOVE the bike B)

If it's a DRZ400 "s" or "sm" it shouldn't be a problem. The "E" model (if plated) should be 2003 or older.

Somebody plz correct me (like I had to ask) if I'm wrong.

You are right... and I am selling a REALLY nice one!

Yoshimura Built!

The S and SM version could be any year... they are factory plated.

But if you get the S you want one that is 2003 or later as they have better suspension.

Jbwiden

The S and SM version could be any year... they are factory plated.

But if you get the S you want one that is 2003 or later as they have better suspension.

Jbwiden

thanks Josh whether I get a S or SM I am going with an 03+

Maybe not the best of deals (depends on the miles on the bike and the shape)... The E has a much better carb, better cams, and higher compression and is lighter than the S. It seems he also has two wheelsets (dirt and SM) which I remember is something you were looking for. Would have to ask someone more knowledgeable about the AZ to CA transfer though. My understanding is that it can be done easily if the bike has more than 7.5k miles, but I am not sure.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/1686346311.html

Maybe not the best of deals (depends on the miles on the bike and the shape)... The E has a much better carb, better cams, and higher compression and is lighter than the S. It seems he also has two wheelsets (dirt and SM) which I remember is something you were looking for. Would have to ask someone more knowledgeable about the AZ to CA transfer though. My understanding is that it can be done easily if the bike has more than 7.5k miles, but I am not sure.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/1686346311.html

Doesn't look like it has signals (not required everywhere, but here they are) so expect to drop another $500 for a kit and then you will need to install it.

only b/c i am waiting on emails etc...i called...it has 19,000 miles!!!!

:angry:...kinda thinkin' it was an "intended" slip...$3300 seems high for that many miles...to ME anyway

only b/c i am waiting on emails etc...i called...it has 19,000 miles!!!!

:angry:...kinda thinkin' it was an "intended" slip...$3300 seems high for that many miles...to ME anyway

2010-2005 = 5years

20,000miles / 5years = 4k/yr

Not to bad. Considering how solid that DRZ motor is... then again the price is a little high.