Sign in to follow this  
johnnybags

Lessons Learned Big Bear to 7 Oaks

Good luck on the extract. Sorry I did not pay closer attention to this post. My truck would have made this even easier, and I would have been glad to help. Over the years I have been a few extracts and I always get to meet cool new people and annoy the hell out of them! ;)

Good luck John, sounds like you have a plan.

Let us know how it turns out.

An almost anti-climactic finish to a great adventure.

Greg G showed up early Sat AM with quad.

It's amazing what 5 days of SoCal sunshine will do. My buddy's stock jeep made it all the way to the bikes

(200 yards)

After a few photo ops we loaded his XR250R into his jeep. You gotta see the pics

I was able to ride my XR400R ALL the way out. Snow was perfect consistency for riding, no ice and good traction.

Thanks again to Greg G and ALL the SDAR's

P.S.

I've not got my prefered VEgas bike back and thew ride Barstow to Vegas 5/8 is on.

After a few photo ops we loaded his XR250R into his jeep.

Good news!

Put a "set" of MT43 trials tires on the WR250R yesterday.......ready for Spring/Summer terrain.......bring on rocky/slippery Big Bear/Bass Lake/Sedona/etc. :ph34r:

Also took a short spin on my 520 yesterday........wow, forgot what a light/powerful bike felt like.......wanted to go scream it in the dez with the boys this morning but too much stuff to do around the house.....

After a few photo ops we loaded his XR250R into his jeep.

Good news!

Also took a short spin on my 520 yesterday........wow, forgot what a light/powerful bike felt like.

I thought i heard the grumble of the awakening bear yesterday......................

Good to hear, John.

I was just up in BB this weekend to snag the final weekend of open runs at Bear Mountain, and kept repeating to my wife that your XR was nearby, waiting to be rescued.

Next time up mountain will be for a ride with you later on this spring.

SFT