Dirsuper

SEAT WORK IN SAN DIEGO

Got rid of the two month old G650GS and got a F800GS(I 'needed' more power for that 100 mile daily commute). Love the new bike, but the seat is horrible. I've read hundreds of posts about seats on ADVRider, and some people were successful at having the stock seat tweaked, thereby saving a lot of money. Given that this is more of a 'local' forum, I thought somebody might know a good upholsterer in the area.

I appreciate the help. Hope to get on another ride soon.....if I ever get a weekend free! That whole 'work' thing is really starting to interfere!!

Thanks man, I do intend to do that, kinda why I am looking for a good upholsterer...someone willing to work with me and do what I want.

If I had to do it again(I will on another one of my bikes) I would do it myself. It is just a matter of removing the staples that hold the cover on, then adding the pad and restaple the cover. Not hard at all. If you want to add some foam, just order it, or buy it at the local upholsterers.

You could try XPC Racing in Murrietta. I intend to have them make one for my F800GS in the near future. Their website: http://www.xpcracing.com/

That said, right now I have the BMW Rallye seat. It's a huge improvement over the stock seat.

What color GS didja get?? :lol: Mine's the super fast Magnesium Metallic.

I just sent my seat off to Gutz racing last week and received it the same week with new foam, cover and shipped for $130.

I found out that there is someone here in Lakeside that is a car upholster guy that makes great seats.......will be sending over the seat from the 450 to get it done.........stay tuned

You could try XPC Racing in Murrietta. I intend to have them make one for my F800GS in the near future. Their website: http://www.xpcracing.com/

That said, right now I have the BMW Rallye seat. It's a huge improvement over the stock seat.

What color GS didja get?? :lol: Mine's the super fast Magnesium Metallic.

if you noticed they moved from murrieta not too long ago to right around the corner from me in lake elsinore....right next to the track

Got rid of the two month old G650GS and got a F800GS(I 'needed' more power for that 100 mile daily commute). Love the new bike, but the seat is horrible. I've read hundreds of posts about seats on ADVRider, and some people were successful at having the stock seat tweaked, thereby saving a lot of money. Given that this is more of a 'local' forum, I thought somebody might know a good upholsterer in the area.

I appreciate the help. Hope to get on another ride soon.....if I ever get a weekend free! That whole 'work' thing is really starting to interfere!!

I had a bike seat redone quite a few years ago at El Cajon Auto trim, came out very nice, and resonable cost.

Here in Oceanside I had Hambly's Upholstery‎ do a bike seat a few years back, very nice work, but slow.

if you noticed they moved from murrieta not too long ago to right around the corner from me in lake elsinore....right next to the track

I did see that. I wish I had seen it last week since I was in Lake Elsinore on Thursday. I would've stopped by and checked it out.

If I had to do it again(I will on another one of my bikes) I would do it myself. It is just a matter of removing the staples that hold the cover on, then adding the pad and restaple the cover. Not hard at all. If you want to add some foam, just order it, or buy it at the local upholsterers.

I thought about it, and read a great thread from a guy that did it, but I figured I would see what it would cost to get a pro to do it and go from there. Besides, I can just see me screwing it up and trying to explain that one to the wife.....

Thanks though!

Wow! Great input everyone, I really appreciate it. Time to work the phone and see who can do a quick turnaround.....I am 'meeting' my wife in San Francisco the weekend of the 19th and I really want to take the bike...just planning the trip I am salivating! One of her brothers is having his 45th b-day party that weekend, so, not wanting to waste a (rare these days) free weekend......I made a deal.....all I have to do is 'stop by for a few hours.' Oh yeah! Gonna come to work Friday ready to roll, and head out ASAP...gonna be a blast!

Thanks again.

Oh, got the orange one. It was orange or white, so I asked my 7 year old daughter which one.....BTW, hopefully not breaking any board rules, but I gotta say SD BMW was really cool through the whole thing. I walked in just knowing I was going to get.....well, not get a good deal. Given the circumstances, I really felt like my salesman (Alan) did everything he could to ease the burden of my upside down situation. There is no comparison between the 650 and the 800.....I would not have believed it if someone tried to explain it to me. My Harley is really getting lonely.......

.....BTW, hopefully not breaking any board rules, but I gotta say SD BMW was really cool through the whole thing. I walked in just knowing I was going to get.....well, not get a good deal. Given the circumstances, I really felt like my salesman (Alan) did everything he could to ease the burden of my upside down situation. There is no comparison between the 650 and the 800.....I would not have believed it if someone tried to explain it to me. My Harley is really getting lonely.......

Glad you are on the way to enjoying many miles on your new bike!!

SD BMW sponsors our Desert Dash and they are a great resource. Alan is the best and once you own a Beemer, you have just been adopted into a great family environment with rides and functions occuring all of the time, thanks to Gary Orr, owner.

My .02 :blink:

I did see that. I wish I had seen it last week since I was in Lake Elsinore on Thursday. I would've stopped by and checked it out.

your annual trip to the ghetto, as a reminder of how nice san diego really is? :lol:

i hope none of my neighbors shot at you, stole your rims, or tried to sell you meth.... :blink:

your annual trip to the ghetto, as a reminder of how nice san diego really is? :lol:

i hope none of my neighbors shot at you, stole your rims, or tried to sell you meth.... :blink:

I was on the bike so I slipped through 'em all! ;)

Alan is a great guy. All the people at SDBMWMC are good people.

i hope none of my neighbors shot at you, stole your rims, or tried to sell you meth.... :good:

I was on the bike so I slipped through 'em all! :lol:

Alan is a great guy. All the people at SDBMWMC are good people.

phew..good thing...if you ever get in trouble up here just tell em your with kellymac and they'll let you slide thru :lol::huh:

OK.......picked up my seat for my CRF today........

I needed a taller, softer seat with grip cover. I got carbon fiber sides and grip down the center. Seats range anywhere from $80-$120 on standard work.

This guy does really good stiching and has nice fabrics to choose from. He can do custom work such as embroidery if you wish as well.

Also sent in another 450X seat for a buddy of mine.......he wanted a step in the back.

His name is Justin with Pulse Custom Automotive Designs (does great paint and body too)

619 820 2865

My bike with seat installed....

crf450xseat.jpg

Taylor's seat with "hump" in back

crf450xseattaylor.jpg