Sorry guys; I'm out for part deaux...

A combination of: 60 hour work week, extra band rehearsal, new car purchase, and weekend gig have all conspired to make me... adjust... my priorities this weekend.

If anybody is near Viejas on Sunday from 4-8, my Swing Band is playing at the Dreamcatcher Lounge... I'll buy you a drink... no cover/no minimum... I'm the TALL trumpet player... as opposed to the WIDE trumpet player... Not in CAPS because I'm that tall, or he's that wide, but if you walked up to him and asked him to buy you a drink, he might look at you funny...advrider has a village person smilie

Thanks for the welcome Gunner, what have you done to your BRP. I want more power . Do you know anybody thats runen a BRP with a complete exhoust from All Baker ,Micuni 41mm. flat slide carb, stage 2 hot cam and a 10.5to 1 high compression piston. I wish my pig was closer to my 500 2 stroke.

Hammer: If you have read the post from some of the guys they call my bike the "Bling" XR. I honestly did not do it to show off , I just love to mod it, work on it and Ride the piss out of it.!

Anyway as far as I know I'm the only guy in this group running a full XR's only exhaust. When I ride with these guys I am easy to spot, damn thing is LOUD. I have a "quiet core insert" but it will not mount with the spark arrestor screen at the same time, so I'd rather be just a tad loud than start fires (it is USFS approved). I just re-packed it so it will be quieter for awhile until I blow it all out again.

Here is a list of the mods I've done B) : Al Bakers "XR's Only" header, pipe & Smog block off kit, XR's only sharkfin on the rear , XR's only master cylinder cover, Works connection red anodized enginge plugs (CRF450 plugs fit perfectly), SRC fork brace, SRC seal savers and SRC fork guards, Precision Concepts did the re-valve and installed my Eibach springs on my forks (47kg)

Stevensayonara and I installed the Eibach mono spring (12kg). Pro Taper Bars, IMS Pro Series foot pegs, Krause Racing "Sidewinder" Titanium Chain and sprockets (15T45T).

I also chopped up my fender and added a metal screen on the back side to put more air flow over the engine. The Carb is jetted (158 Main/ 60 Pilot, can't remember but knoww the spark plug looks perfect after about 3000+ miles) , slide drilled out 5/32), and all of the smog crap is gone.

I cut off all of the frame brackets that held the smog crap on, and the useless helmet lock. For tires I'm running Pirelli MT 21's (stock size up front with a 230/90/19 out back. I removed the chain guard and cut of the aluminum brackets too. I will wait until 4000 to hop up the piston, rod, crank and cam with HRC components

If you want to give it a ride some time to see if you can feel a difference over stock, no worries

Aaron

Thanks for the welcome Gunner, what have you done to your BRP. I want more power . Do you know anybody thats runen a BRP with a complete exhoust from All Baker ,Micuni 41mm. flat slide carb, stage 2 hot cam and a 10.5to 1 high compression piston. I wish my pig was closer to my 500 2 stroke.

Hammer: If you have read the post from some of the guys they call my bike the "Bling" XR. I honestly did not do it to show off , I just love to mod it, work on it and Ride the piss out of it.!

Anyway as far as I know I'm the only guy in this group running a full XR's only exhaust. When I ride with these guys I am easy to spot, damn thing is LOUD. I have a "quiet core insert" but it will not mount with the spark arrestor screen at the same time, so I'd rather be just a tad loud than start fires (it is USFS approved). I just re-packed it so it will be quieter for awhile until I blow it all out again.

Here is a list of the mods I've done B) : Al Bakers "XR's Only" header, pipe & Smog block off kit, XR's only sharkfin on the rear , XR's only master cylinder cover, Works connection red anodized enginge plugs (CRF450 plugs fit perfectly), SRC fork brace, SRC seal savers and SRC fork guards, Precision Concepts did the re-valve and installed my Eibach springs on my forks (47kg)

Stevensayonara and I installed the Eibach mono spring (12kg). Pro Taper Bars, IMS Pro Series foot pegs, Krause Racing "Sidewinder" Titanium Chain and sprockets (15T45T).

I also chopped up my fender and added a metal screen on the back side to put more air flow over the engine. The Carb is jetted (158 Main/ 60 Pilot, can't remember but knoww the spark plug looks perfect after about 3000+ miles) , slide drilled out 5/32), and all of the smog crap is gone.

I cut off all of the frame brackets that held the smog crap on, and the useless helmet lock. For tires I'm running Pirelli MT 21's (stock size up front with a 230/90/19 out back. I removed the chain guard and cut of the aluminum brackets too. I will wait until 4000 to hop up the piston, rod, crank and cam with HRC components

If you want to give it a ride some time to see if you can feel a difference over stock, no worries

Aaron

With all those mods, can you still call it a Honda? Sounds like a nice bike.

... I'll buy you a drink(s)... no cover/no minimum...

I could empty your wallet really quick with an offer like this! You did say drinks?

Kevin; I'm sure Steve has told you that I am a hopeless beer drinker, we need to hook up Bro!

Damn typo's: Forgot a few more mods: My XR has an XR's only oil temp thermometer (can save tyour butt when the desert get's hot!), Baja designs skid plate (with 2nd crankcase cover, after embarrasing 1st ride with you guys), EBC brake pads and Galfer braided SS brake lines, I also chopped up my rt side rear plastic panel to expose that "Bitch'in" exhaust pipe (too bad I dinged it on last ride with steve, Pyro and Alex). Also modded out my turn signals and rear license plate and brake light (hated that stock POS) also got mad at the scratches on the crankcase covers that my Fox boots and shifter caused so I polished them up with the dremell

Sometimes I ride with a "step seat " I got from the guy with that black supermotard (Kubiak) I posted earlier, I do it just for kicks because the seat enhances the wheelie factor B)

I am a sick bastard, the Devil made me do it

Ha!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks alot Gunner, sounds like wer e on the same page but i didnt get my header pipe yet, since I ride to the beach at 5.30 in the morning I installed a Q2 slip on, But the dyno tuner told me this limited the poneys he could get out of it. I asked you because I read what Xr bum wrote after visiting your house I wanted to be there and ride with you guys. Its to bad things didnt go as planned. but it sounds like your a great host.

What do you think about the 41mm. Makuni flat slid carb

Kevin; I'm sure Steve has told you that I am a hopeless beer drinker, we need to hook up Bro!

Ha!

Steve forgot to mention that, so know that I know this I guess we do need to hookup,

but I noticed that you left out the beer cooler on your bike?

My bike carries more than yours-neener neener!

Hey' I got the backpack with room enough for an 18 pac and I can always find something within 100 miles B)

We have to do it sometime...., Seeing Steve's write up about the LA-B-to V ride really impressed me, I olly wish my wife was healthy enough, she's way tough enough but her condition leaves us limited on sharing things like that. You are a very lucky man to be able toi do that kind of stuff with your soul mate!

We will talk about it sometime.....

Honestly she (my angel) would do things like that if she could, I love her to death!

God bless her, my children and all of you.

Poor thing has to put up with my Irish, American Indian and Polish ass,

HA!

]LETS RIDE GODDAMN IT!

Aaron

Here is a list of the mods I've done:

For tires I'm running Pirelli MT 21's (stock size up front with a 230/90/19 out back.

That 230 rear tire must look like one of those bada$$ choppers they make on Discovery Channel.

B)

Type-o on that post, B) I'm running a Pirelli MT21 130/90/18.....not a 230/90/19

It's only 10mm wider. I love they way it handles on and off road.

post-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698857_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgpost-465-1169698662_thumb.jpgSorry I thought this was an adventure club My wife loves the Ride. I thought there might be some others that would like to go with us some time. I had racks on lots of bikes since 1979 , They work great, I can walk to the beach but I love riding my motorcycle. B)B)

Its all good

Just was a bit confused with your first post, thats all.

I ride, surf, drive Baja often....... well, not the ridding part lately....and have a trip to Cabo and back in the mix for this year on bikes. We are going to throw the boards in the chase truck though so we can get some good riding in and stay on the trails and old 500/1000 courses.

Wish my wife would go for it on two wheels..... those are some good times you two share.

Just to recap quickly, who's in for this ride?

Oh and if you haven't seen it Gunner's tire looks something like this, except he has knobbies

Posted Image

:ph34r:

This is great! 3-4 rides the same weekend. Now we have a choice. Have a great ride, I will do this ride another day. :ph34r: