Sign in to follow this  
freeride619

riding in otay rain

So me and wil decided to go down to otay today. first time out there for me.

It started getting pretty windy as we kept going through the trail. As we went, it started raining and then pouring so we took shelter under a bush for 10 minutes (was sad as you can tell in the picture) waiting for the rain to settle which it didnt.

So we started heading back but the clouds were so sick on the mountain that we couldnt see the right trail and we ended up going the wrong way for about 5 miles then decided to turn back and we eventually found the right way.

As we were going back, I ended up getting a flat tire that I didnt notice I had till we got to the truck so I was drifting the whole way down the trail. We both rode great and we both jumped some of the rocks. All in all, It was an interesting riding day filled with 50mph winds and heavy rain. :)

Nice... How did you guys get out there? Nice to see young guys riding, and sharing... I took my boys out to Lark today... no rain, and no dust... nobody else... Your weather looked ROUGH

taught my sons friend how to ride, and by the end of the day he is doing jumps and wheelies... ride report soon

Great post! The "flying Wil" water tower pic is my favorite.

Good on ya for getting out there.

Stolen from Eddie's post for BS....: till we got to the truck. Words can be tricky. :)

Nice... How did you guys get out there? Nice to see young guys riding, and sharing... I took my boys out to Lark today... no rain, and no dust... nobody else... Your weather looked ROUGH

taught my sons friend how to ride, and by the end of the day he is doing jumps and wheelies... ride report soon

Wil's dad took us out there, it was pretty rough but it was challenging, lark might have been the better place go haha. We definitly need to ride together sometime.

yeah? I got a word for you... :)

:) I didnt know if they had a truck themselves, or got a ride...

Wil/Eddie... glad you got a good ride in

Great post! The "flying Wil" water tower pic is my favorite.

Good on ya for getting out there.

Stolen from Eddie's post for BS....: till we got to the truck. Words can be tricky. :)

Thanks man, the wind was pretty bad for a while but it got better as we kept going down the trail. It was cool though

Let's never do that again...

Started out pretty good, took a random side trail with a pretty tech hill climb, led to us doing about 45 over some rolling bumps, got some air miles logged...We turn around and get up the top where the antennas are and saw some BLACK clouds, with a lot of clear behind them...so we kept riding til it started pouring down too hard, we stopped to take a break, and hid in a big bush from the rain, waiting for that clear spot to show up...never happened.

We ended up river rafting, that's how muddy the trails were. We get back to top at the antennas, where the 4 way split was, and the right way to go was blocked out because of the clouds/ sideways rain...We went down the trail for about 5 miles and came to a huge cement bunker with a metal grate on the ground. We then realized we had no clue where we were...Went back up and got onto the right trail.

Once we got within a mile of the truck, Eddie starts asking me why is he drifting/powersliding everything, I tell him it's just the mud, don't worry about it. Of course, we get down to the bottom, and he has a flat in the rear...

All in all, it was a really nice fun day, that I hope we never ever do again. We'll fininsh the ride some other sunny day.

BS, my dad drove eddie out there, I rode.

Also, who knew that 50 mph winds will actually MOVE my big black pig 3 ft sideways when I jump it....Interesting feeling for sure.

"Hey Eddie, see that thing passing us? That's the clouds..." "But we were going 45" "Yeah....Look, there's a bush. Let's stop"

Also, fake name/Bob where the F*** is that cave?!?!! I can never find it...

Let's never do that again...

Started out pretty good, took a random side trail with a pretty tech hill climb, led to us doing about 45 over some rolling bumps, got some air miles logged...We turn around and get up the top where the antennas are and saw some BLACK clouds, with a lot of clear behind them...so we kept riding til it started pouring down too hard, we stopped to take a break, and hid in a big bush from the rain, waiting for that clear spot to show up...never happened.

We ended up river rafting, that's how muddy the trails were. We get back to top at the antennas, where the 4 way split was, and the right way to go was blocked out because of the clouds/ sideways rain...We went down the trail for about 5 miles and came to a huge cement bunker with a metal grate on the ground. We then realized we had no clue where we were...Went back up and got onto the right trail.

Once we got within a mile of the truck, Eddie starts asking me why is he drifting/powersliding everything, I tell him it's just the mud, don't worry about it. Of course, we get down to the bottom, and he has a flat in the rear...

All in all, it was a really nice fun day, that I hope we never ever do again. We'll fininsh the ride some other sunny day.

BS, my dad drove eddie out there, I rode.

Also, who knew that 50 mph winds will actually MOVE my big black pig 3 ft sideways when I jump it....Interesting feeling for sure.

"Hey Eddie, see that thing passing us? That's the clouds..." "But we were going 45" "Yeah....Look, there's a bush. Let's stop"

Also, fake name/Bob where the F*** is that cave?!?!! I can never find it...

he drove you back by the way :)

Yes he did. Why would I want to ride my DR back in pouring rain with 40-50mph winds? Who knows???

otay is cool, close, and awesome trails - i am going to spend more time there in 2010 (about 30 minutes from me) - i took my stock Xterra 4x4 over some of the technical trails - it was awesome - i jammed the radio and saw great views of mountains, lakes, Tijuana and the Pacific Ocean - my buddy's Land Cruiser took it easily, but my Xterra was fun too

I love this, you young guys out exploring and having fun. I grew up in Jamul and raced at the go-cart track out there at Steel Canyon and Hwy 94. We rode motorcycles up over the mtn into Proctor Valley and up to Mount Miguel or San Miguel Mtn and under the steel bridge when they still used it. My sister showed horses in Jamul and Pio Pico Park, I think its now a Thousand trails park now??

Great times and memories growing up out there.

I love this, you young guys out exploring and having fun. I grew up in Jamul and raced at the go-cart track out there at Steel Canyon and Hwy 94. We rode motorcycles up over the mtn into Proctor Valley and up to Mount Miguel or San Miguel Mtn and under the steel bridge when they still used it. My sister showed horses in Jamul and Pio Pico Park, I think its now a Thousand trails park now??

Great times and memories growing up out there.

Nice ride and pictures good place to ride close to home , my house at least.