mctrails

Trials event at McCain Valley, Dec 5 & 6

For those that like the slower and more technical type of riding there is a two day trials event at McCain Valley the weekend of December 5 and 6. The trials club folks were out there marking sections this past weekend. There will be camping on Friday and Saturday in the big flat area by the big tree at the day use area.

I'm planning to go and ride at least one of not both days. May even take the toyhauler up there and make a weekend of it.

Any of you trials riders out there up for it? Come on out and give it a try or just watch the fun.

they open up classes for all bikes,,, so enduro/xc bikes can have a go as well. contact the organizers they welcome all into their events. R

I would join the fun,,,but there is a certain 5DEC Tecate HS thats calling upon me,,,,,to kick my "behind"!!!!

they open up classes for all bikes,,, so enduro/xc bikes can have a go as well. contact the organizers they welcome all into their events.

Bah....it's hard enough to ride those events on a trials machine. <_< I've seen guys on enduro machines compete and I gotta give 'em credit for that. I wouldn't dare do it, even on the beginner lines.

SDAR had a get -together at the trials event one year... watched some obstacles, then split up in to a family ride (me) or a DS ride (everyone else)

It's fun to watch some of the REALLY good guys bounce around... makes you look at obstacles in a whole new light

Hoping to get down there to watch and maybe ride around a bit, but won't enter this time.

Riding in the event was fun, but I didn't get to see much of the expert and master class riders because we were separated by a few sections as we rode around doing the sportsman lines.