I am going to be in San Diego from Jan 9th till Jan 20th. I am staying at Campland Campground and also doing a tradeshow at the Convention Center. I will be available for any evening rides anybody might like to do. I am also taking a full day ride on Jan 14th doing a 130 mile D/S loop at Borrego/Ocotillo with some guys from KTMTALK. If your in the area and see a 625 SXC with Ohio plates and a Shane Watts front number plate say hey! Mike

welcome!

I'm right across the bay at SeaWorld... PM if you're bored some day and want to check out the park.

Set up an informal ride, and we'll try to get some guys out there.

OK, But it's gonna take a pretty big chopper to haul my 625SXC :D I work till 6-7 most nights. I would be open to a short ride and perhaps some bench racing by the camp fire some night. Are there any trails close to town?

No trails close to town for a real dirtbike... plenty of mountain biking really close to Campland, though.

The nearest dirt I can think of is 40 miles away...

Welcome to town, and post a ride report when you're done.

I'll see what I can come up with for a night ride....Wildcat Canyon dirt trails then Ramona dirt to Mesa Grande. You're looking at about a 3 hour ride at minimum.

I also would like to meet you and get together around a fire also. Depends on my work schedule during the week.

We'll keep in touch more.

Here's another idea. I don't start working till 11:00 or 11:30 on a few days. Perhaps we could get that 3 hour ride in one morning?

I looked at the Jan 14 thread on Ktmtalk and would like to go on that ride.

I live just a couple miles from Campland and would like to join up with the Wildcat, Ramona, Mesa Grande ride if you get that going.

I have 2 vacation days I need to take in the next few weeks, so I could go on a morning ride with you if I get a couple days notice.

-Michael

Well if I have a choice I would like to do it after the 14th(before the 20th). Since I have already had the guys from KTMTALK setup the ride on the 14th I would hate to break something before I ride with them. Also I plan on putting on fresh tires for the 14th so I will have good tires. So really whatever works out best for you guys should be OK with me. It's possible that I can pull off another full/semi full day of riding.

MikeyB... Who are you on KTMTALK? What do ya ride? Also for the 14th I planned on breaking camp and haul the bike to Borrego on the rack on the back of the camper. If you're right there.... Can you haul 2 bikes? I would gladly chip in for gas if it would keep me from having to unhook the camper,ect.

This is all very interesting. I'm right around the corner from Campland as well. I was especially excited about the idea of a night ride. It'll be a bit cold I imagine. I'll keep my eye out for ya'll to post up something fun. Welcome to San Diego!

Welcome to So Cal! This time of year the desert is the best place to be. I may go out to Ocotillo Wells on the 14th but That will be with the kids and quads. We were out there today - very busy. Anyway If you do any rides other than the 14th please post them with their own thread - even if it is a day before the ride. Many of us go riding at the last minute and we Should use the buddy system when possible. :)

Hey Guys,

I fly out to AZ Thursday morning and will be in Ca. on the 9th. I don't know if I will have internet access while I am there so if ya think ya wanna get together PM me by Wed. night and I will give you my cell number. Also I have already sent it to KTMrad who can give it to ya. LETS RIDE!

Hello.... I made it to SoCal and will be setting up camp on Tuesday. Not sure if I will have internet after tonight. Feel free to call me on my cell 440-452-1234 Mike

All,

Anyone interested in a "nightride" next week (15-19JAN), I've got a simple one I'd like to lead.

We can meet at Sweetwater Park (off the 54) and I've got a trail that is fairly easy. (MUCH easier than Heartattack Hill and Squeeze Rock). Total ride time is approximately 3 hours (and that's taking our time). The first half is "top secret" :unsure: . The last half of this trip is up Otay from Thousand Trails and back down to Keubler Ranch, then cut over to the shooting range (by the prison) and in the back way to Eastlake/Olympic Parkway. I just did it last month, so everything is OPEN.

If anyone is interested, ping in and I'll call 625SXC to set it up.

I was thinking maybe a 5 or 6pm departure....I'm flexible. I know some of you have families, etc, so if we don't get a HUGE turnout, so be it. Wed, Thurs, or Fri?

I'd be interested in that. The earliest I could make it on Wednesday or Thursday is 7:00 PM. Can make an earlier departure Friday as long as nothing comes up.

Soooo, that's two. 2Wheels, can you go on Monday? We can start at 7pm. MikeyB....do you live near Chula Vista? I'm just down from 2Wheels in Bonita so this will be an "easy" ride with very little commute for the both of us.

Tell you what, I'll make a call right now and see if 625EXC is available. Once I figure it out, I'll start a new thread labeled "Eastlake Night Ride".

Jim

I can make it any day by 7:00 PM unless something out of the ordinary happens at work and I have to stay late. Monday's good.