Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Building a helmet headset

Hello everyone

Found this "how to" while surfing around and thought it would be interesting for some members.

Seems to me if you use the right components and connectors it should work just fine. I think I am going to look around for parts and give it a try.

http://www.brenorbrophy.com/HG/head_set_ptt.htm

Kris

I liked using the radio and headset when I had it.

I don't like this guys idea of connecting a wire to my finger.

I liked using the radio and headset when I had it.

I don't like this guys idea of connecting a wire to my finger.

That`s just a personal preference, (he uses his hang gliding). One plus to that setup is you can still key up if you become separated from your bike, (on purpose or otherwise).

One plus to that setup is you can still key up if you become separated from your bike, (on purpose or otherwise).

Correct me if I'm wrong, you can "key" the BD setup by puting a wet finger across the connector once off your bike....or pteradactyl parts if ya don't have a finger.

One plus to that setup is you can still key up if you become separated from your bike, (on purpose or otherwise).

Correct me if I'm wrong, you can "key" the BD setup by puting a wet finger across the connector once off your bike....or pteradactyl parts if ya don't have a finger.

I rewired my switch housing so both bulbs are on when on high beam and the flash to pass button is for PTT.