Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Thursday Oct22

thinking about ditching work (after I ok it with my boss, my wife, and spend an extra 4 hours taking care of business) and taking a half day ride... looking for a fast pace... green sticker (WR), dual sport (DRZ) or street (XRL)

anybody NOT working that wants to go?

thinking about ditching work (after I ok it with my boss, my wife, and spend an extra 4 hours taking care of business) and taking a half day ride... looking for a fast pace... green sticker (WR), dual sport (DRZ) or street (XRL)

anybody NOT working that wants to go?

Where? I`m in Escondido.

Never been t wildomar...

Don't really know the black canyon type area...

Pala?

Your pick...

I wouldn't mind something east either...

Never been t wildomar...

Pala?

Your pick...

Black Canyon from Ramona to Lake Henshaw?

Palomar Divide Road out by Warner Springs?

Nate Harrison Grade on Palomar Mt.?

Plate needed all 3.

I've done the harrison grade recently.

Never done the divide...let's plan on that. I'll bring the DRZ...where to meet?

Never been t wildomar...

Pala?

Your pick...

Black Canyon from Ramona to Lake Henshaw?

Palomar Divide Road out by Warner Springs?

Nate Harrison Grade on Palomar Mt.?

Plate needed all 3.

Grapevine Canyon out near 78 on the way to Ocotillo Wells? (not familliar)

Wildomar OHV Area and campground was closed when we went by it on the ride to Hell`s Kitchen 9/19/09.

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5587

I've done the harrison grade recently.

Never done the divide...let's plan on that. I'll bring the DRZ...where to meet?

It`s either haul the bikes out there and park on the Palomar divide Rd. or you could park at my house in Esc. and we ride out there, (42 Mi., about an hour ride, gas in Warner Springs.)

I was looking for a ride this week. I was thinking fast paced single track. If you change your mind on Palomar Divide please let me know.

I was looking for a ride this week. I was thinking fast paced single track. If you change your mind on Palomar Divide please let me know.

Pasta, where were you thinking about? My Husky is geared a little tall for single track, (it also helps on the pavement getting there!)

well, throw a suggestion out there

My thoughts listed in order of preference

I'm thinking of doing my Otay test loop with a few other new additions tossed in for fun. For me it's close to home and a perfect mix of terrain. I'd like to ride it than reverse the route for more fun. Maybe even throw in "Greek Burrito Hill". My other idea was Elevation or Live Oaks track. It's been a coon's age since I've ridden Corral.

ooh! is Live Oaks open on Th? I don't think so...

Kris... mind driving down this way? I would like to do Golden Acorn...

Ican't find any info on the hours of the Elevation track.

I'm still a shock spring away from wanting to do Golden Acorn. The jumps are just too big for my rediculously soft factory rearend.

Jon

Ican't find any info on the hours of the Elevation track.

I'm still a shock spring away from wanting to do Golden Acorn. The jumps are just too big for my rediculously soft factory rearend.

Jon

At this time, Elevation is only open on the weekends.

At this time, Elevation is only open on the weekends.

And they aren't even going to hold any more races there until next year.

I am not riding on Thursday. I've got a new spring and will be tearing the rear suspension apart to grease the wheel bearings and replace the shock spring. I'll also be doing some other bike mods as well. TTYL

Jon

Good luck with your bike...Kris-does a track appeal to you at all?

If not; let's plan on rolling from your house...I assume the DRZ (80/20 dirt to street) is a good choice?

Good luck with your bike...Kris-does a track appeal to you at all?

If not; let's plan on rolling from your house...I assume the DRZ (80/20 dirt to street) is a good choice?

BS:

My bike is not really set up for the track, (lights, gearing etc). Have you ridden Black Canyon from Ramona through Mesa Grande to Lake Henshaw? We could turn around and return home the way we came or continue west on 76 to Valley Center and then home. We could also go up East Grade on Palomar and come down Nate Harrison to Cole Grade Rd, through Valley Center and then Home. Also , do you have radios? The reason I`m asking is I just picked up a Yaesu FT-270R, (replacement for the VX-170)and I have not bought a helmet setup yet. Do you have a setup I could try with my radio? I am trying to decide how to spend my money. I am wondering if I could build something myself.

Kris

I do not have a radio, and have bad social skills any way, so probably a good thing

I have done that ride, but will do it again...I'll bring the drz...if you know any halfway tech stuff, let's look at that too

Kris...I will be in Esc this eve and can give u everything 'cept the radio (since u don't need it)

Bob...I can give you the other set (including radio). Come by the house. Um, call 1st as I'll be in Esc.

I'll be away from the comp so BS text me with the answers and Kris' cell #.

Thanks Ken... but i just had my day re-arranged... i have to be back in Alpine by noon

So: Kris; if you're still up for it, I will be running Corral Canyon... 4 Corral Campground, leaving the campgound about 8...

sorry about the last minute change... work issues

Thanks Ken... but i just had my day re-arranged... i have to be back in Alpine by noon

So: Kris; if you're still up for it, I will be running Corral Canyon... 4 Corral Campground, leaving the campgound about 8...

sorry about the last minute change... work issues

Hey Bob,

I think I`m going to have to back out of this ride. Have a good ride and take it easy.

Kris...I will be in Esc this eve and can give u everything 'cept the radio (since u don't need it)

Bob...I can give you the other set (including radio). Come by the house. Um, call 1st as I'll be in Esc.

I'll be away from the comp so BS text me with the answers and Kris' cell #.

Ken,

Thanks for the offer of the radio gear but this ride got canceled for me. Maybe some other time.

Kris