Chief Gunner

Elevation track / Golden Acorn

Thanks for posting up the ride Tree, I had a good time meeting up with you guys.

I was trying to be extra careful with the 500 starting out. That bike is a total beast...I can't believe I have not ridden dirt since March, that is so wrong I gotta do something about that.....Like shut up and ride ;)

By the end of the day I think I was doing allot better, finally got into third by 2:00 I was so beat I had to call it a day. I left at 2:30 and headed home.

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! :) Sorry I forgot the camera, the only picture I got today was a cell phone pic I took after I got her all purdy again.

7225_100445243309655_100000325392110_9152_7922045_n.jpg

I had a blast riding with you guys today, I really like that track a lot. Its great practice for tight stuff.

Sweet bike there Gunner, I may have to get one myself now...

Thanks John; :) I enjoyed it too. I also enjoyed watching you cut some laps on my five hundy.

I liked the idea of having someone who rides better than me take it for a ride and confirm to me that I picked a good one B) . I am always up to ride with and learn from people who know more and ride better than me.

I adjusted that front brake so the lever mount is out of the way and I ordered an new longer shifter for my size 13's. I am also going to throw some decent hand guards on it too,.

After you guys left I was trying to following that kid on the white YZF around the track, damn he's fast!!! I got nailed in the hand by a good sized rock that made my knuckles swell up a bit to add to the insult of getting smoked by a kid more than half my age ;) .

2 Strokes Rock!!!!!

When we got to the track I was a little wary about the layout. Not any huge jumps a couple of table tops. After taking a few warm up laps it got pretty fun trying to attack the track and find ways to get around faster. altough those sandy corners did suck me down a couple time. Overall I think a fun time was had by all. It's a great way to get back in shape after a long lay-off. And it was nice to see everyone out there.

[ quote name=Tree' date='Oct 4 2009, 01:40 PM' post='55302]

When we got to the track I was a little wary about the layout. Not any huge jumps a couple of table tops. After taking a few warm up laps it got pretty fun trying to attack the track and find ways to get around faster. altough those sandy corners did suck me down a couple time. Overall I think a fun time was had by all. It's a great way to get back in shape after a long lay-off. And it was nice to see everyone out there.

I have a good times too, nice ride with you guys, yhea the 500 too fast too furius,, I have some pic's I hope you like,,,, ;) you know what tree can you download the pics I send you because I can't sorry//

I rode Golden Acorn today for a couple of hours. There were only a few guys there and no one there to collect money so I got to ride it for free. It was fun, but I like it a bit busier so I can watch better riders ride. There is no real substitute to jumping out there and riding with great riders (even if it only lasts a few seconds).