Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Who's going riding 12-21,22,23,or24

Looking to do some riding. Maybe practice for the Desert Dash in the sand. Maybe putt around on some trails. Anything is better than nothing!

Looking to do some riding. Maybe practice for the Desert Dash in the sand. Maybe putt around on some trails. Anything is better than nothing!

I can ride this Friday or Saturday, desert or fire roads. I'm not into working too hard... :lol: So lots of deep narrow twisty or rocky sand washes would not be my idea of a good time... :lol: Let's bat around some ideas:

There's a trail down on the south end of S2 in Borrego that goes all the way down to hwy 8. This trail is part of the Butterfield Stage coach route from Texas. I'd like to check that trail out some time.

There's also Ocotillo Wells OHV, off Hwy78 if you just want to practice desert riding for the Desert Dash. I haven’t ridden out there for years but I’m game to ride that area too…

Back at you…

Lets do it Friday. You call it and I will be there!

OK, let's ride out at Ocotillo Wells ORV area on Friday. This is out Hwy 78 about 30 miles east of Julian. We can meet at the corner of S2 and Hwy 78 at 9:30am. This intersection is also known as 'Scissors Crossing' and is about 13 miles east of Julian on Hwy 78... It's too cold for an earlier start... :lol: I am having a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier installed on my truck tomorrow. I want to try it out so if things go well with the install tomorrow, I'll be trucking out to Ocotillo Wells for this ride. If not, I'll ride the KLR out there....

PLEASE PM ME with your home and cell phone numbers and I will do the same. If there are any last minute problems on either end, I'm sure you don't want to ride out there to find you are all alone, me either... :lol:

Anybody else wants to come along...Great...sign up here and PM your phone number...

Lets do it Friday. You call it and I will be there!

OK, let's ride out at Ocotillo Wells ORV area on Friday. This is out Hwy 78 about 30 miles east of Julian. We can meet at the corner of S2 and Hwy 78 at 9:30am. This intersection is also known as 'Scissors Crossing' and is about 13 miles east of Julian on Hwy 78... It's too cold for an earlier start... :D I am having a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier installed on my truck tomorrow. I want to try it out so if things go well with the install tomorrow, I'll be trucking out to Ocotillo Wells for this ride. If not, I'll ride the KLR out there....

PLEASE PM ME with your home and cell phone numbers and I will do the same. If there are any last minute problems on either end, I'm sure you don't want to ride out there to find you are all alone, me either... :P

Anybody else wants to come along...Great...sign up here and PM your phone number...

I am in :P

I can get Friday off... I think, it's a "trucking up trip"...I'll be happy to jump on your trailer, and also, offer a spot in my truck if needed. :lol:

Alex 858-414-7874 cell

858-268-1862 home.

Lets do it... :lol: sand :lol:

If it were Saturday I could ride. Or we could Ride here. The Honda has been parked too long. Lets ride!

I am in :D

I can get Friday off... I think, it's a "trucking up trip"...I'll be happy to jump on your trailer, and also, offer a spot in my truck if needed. :lol:

Alex 858-414-7874 cell

858-268-1862 home.

Lets do it... :lol: sand :lol:

Cool, maybe xr650lbum would like to take advantage of the extra space in your truck. The trailer hitch motorcycle carrier rack I'm installing is a single bike carrier and my truck has a camper shell. So, I can't help anybody out with transportation.

I will be Joe Hauling my ars out there as well! Giving Trigger the once over today and will let you know if any problems arise! Cant wait!!!!

I will be Joe Hauling my ars out there as well! Giving Trigger the once over today and will let you know if any problems arise! Cant wait!!!!

Ah, that is the brand of hauler I just had installed this morning. Everything seems to be in place for a JOE HAULER outing to Ocotillo Wells... :lol: See you at S2 and 78 tomorrow....9:30am....