Bagstr

Disk Fins - For Orange Bikes

Looking to install a rear disc protector on the Orange Bike. Is the KTM part OK or do you people like other stuff?

While I am at it, what about the front, Is plastic OK up front, or just don't worry so much there??

Thanks to all you in the Knowledge Bank!

Dave

Protecting your bike makes your riding experience more enjoyable & safer.

Scotts makes them for the rear. Expensive at $139 retail, but I suppose a new disk is alot more.

"It is the only fin that incorporates the brake caliper carrier as an integral part of the function. This means the axle passes throught the shark fin making it virtually indestructable and your brake rotor protected from defeat. This design is 10 times stronger than the "Bolt-On" type fins and it's a beautiful piece of work. "

I personally do not have one, but one day I may regret it.

http://www.scottsperformance.com/products....=2&Bike=Ktm

http://www.devolracing.com/KTM_c_196.html

I don't see one listed for the 690 but I called them about other products a while back. They're small enough to actually answer the phone and be responsive. I got an updated front protector for the WR450 sent out within a day. They may have one in the works for the 690....and it's not $150.

I have been happy with the Devol stuff on my bike so far....

+1 for Devol.

I run their front and back disk guards on both my bikes. Very happy with them. The front is the axle through type on my Honda. Don't know about their KTM parts, but give them a call. Oh, some of their stuff is cheaper from Rock Mountain ATV, they won't compete with their wholesale buyers, as told to me by Shelby Devol last week during a order I placed when I asked her to price match. However, Rock Mountain ATV doesn’t offer everything Devol manufactures.

When I couldn't get the front guard for the WR from a supplier, Devol matched the advertised price. We did the whole deal on the phone in 5 minutes. Great customer service...