Crawdaddy

BBTR Moonlight Madness night ride

Does SDAR have any ride write-ups for the BBTR moonlight ride? Could someone page Mr. Crawford?

This question didn't belong under a thread called "Monday rides" :lol::rolleyes:

I've been a BBTR member for a number of years but I've never participated in the night ride and I'll miss it this weekend too since we're headed to Mammoth Lakes.....

Suggest you try using the "search" tool to look for past trip reports.......it's sandwiched between "members" and "help" in the upper right corner of the webpage....

D37 has a thread going on the ride as well as a link to the BBTR website: http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30999

Did it two years ago, was a lot of fun besides the fact that my headlight is about as bright as two birthday candles.

Did it two years ago, was a lot of fun besides the fact that my headlight is about as bright as two birthday candles.

Two candle? :blink: - you must have an aftermarket/boost kit! :lol: ......my 520 KTM low beam is rated at 1 match <_< .....high beam is about 1 candle :rolleyes::lol: (The 620 actually kicks out pretty good light)

There's a thread on D37 about Gil's home made/aux lights: http://www.district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19151

At the last minute before the ride I had rigged up an aux lighting system consisting of two LED camping lights, the type you wear on your head with an elastic strap. I removed the elastic strap and put some of the 3M velcro on the light and another piece on my helmet. I put one under the visor and one on the right hand side. Those two camp lights seemed brighter than my bikes headlight. I should have just stuck a few of them to the forks and called it good.

Fun ride though, had a 10+ mile sandwash we had to go through, that was the worst part with the crappy lighting system but everything else was interesting and enjoyable to ride at night. Oh yeah, it was hot!

If you have never ridden at night it's a difference experience. The shadows makes everything look different.

It will be cool in the mid-60's to start and then drop to a refreshing 52F past midnight. Bring a jacket. It will be the best place to ride. Bring an extra headlight bulb, helmet lights and flashlight with your tools.

It's not a difficult or technical ride, the fun is the experience of the night ride. It's 120 miles, but shorter if needed.

Here is the link:

http://bigbeartrailriders.com/content.aspx...p;item_id=87464

More information:

Moonlight Madness Night Ride

When: Saturday, Aug 1, 2009, 7:00 PM until Sunday, Aug 2, 2009, 3:00 AM

Where: Big Bear Convention Center

42900 Big Bear Blvd.

Big Bear Lake, CA

Additional Info: BBTR 2009 Moonlight Madness Flyer

Ultimate Dual Sport Motorcycle Tour of the San Bernardino Mountains surrounding Big Bear Lake. Enjoy a mystic night of riding under a full moon. New location for sign-ups will be at the Big Bear Convention Center located at the corner of Big Bear Blvd and Division Road. Sign Ups and check in will begin at 5:00 p.m. and all riders need to be on the trail by 7:30 p.m.

All skill levels are welcome. Entry Fee includes roll chart, course map and T Shirt. GPS tracks will also be available at sign-up. Please remember to bring your GPS data cable. Passengers are charged $16.00 for their Event T-shirts but please sign them up as Passinger Rider.

All registrants will receive a link to the GPS tracks for the ride on Wednesday, July 29 , 2009. Please follow the link and load the GPS tracks to your GPS. We will have GPS track loading at sign ups for those riders that miss the link but there will be a delay because we will only have one computer available. Roll Charts will also be provided.

Street Legal / Licensed motorcycles only and Spark Arrestors are mandatory.