SD_Frontier

Dennis Sherod (08/09/1951 - 07/16/2008)

Today marks the first year of the passing of my friend Dennis Sherod. Many of you may remember Dennis Sherod (dsherod) and even participated in the memorial ride. Please join his family, friends, and coworkers in a moment of silence. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Thank you.

I dont know if the post about this incident is still around; but for those interested, I have recently learned that the DA finally made a decision to prosecute the driver that drove through the intersection against a red light. Apparently, the DA's office had one year to make the decision and the filing was made yesterday.

Thank you for your continued support and be careful out there.

post-461-1247773786.jpg

thanks for the reminder... sucks for the family to have to wait a year to see whether the cause of the whole thing will be prosecuted. Not that a conviction will improve things for the family.

It was really heart wrenching to meet the family, but I expect it meant a lot to them to see the support...

Yeah, I'm reminded of this everytime I open the refrigerator in the garage.......I have that picture of Dennis on the fridge. post-461-1247773786.jpg

That was tough at the memorial.......at the same time, there was quite the show of support for his family.

I agree, a conviction won't make things any less painful, but at least justice may be served.

Definitely never fun to lose someone, especially one of our own. We'll miss Dennis.

Didn't think I needed boots out here in Calif I will check the sale papers tomorrow :lol:

Can I get a pair, size 14 :)

Hammer

14... I can never remember... Is that the last toddler size before 1?

my favorite post ever :lol:

Thanks for the update. We had remained as silent as possible on the issue in order not to interfere with the process.

We have thought a lot of Dennis this year and think of his family often.

Hard to believe it's been a year. The memorial was one of the toughest rides I've ever done but it was so rewarding to meet his family and see how much they appreciated the show of support.

I'm glad to hear they're going to prosecute. I just wish it would serve to make other drivers pay attention when driving instead of all the toher things they do.

R.I.P

Bikeslut said it perfectly in both posts above. Never met the man but wanted to just for the wit and humor he brought to our site.