DrzDasher

Corral Canyon Fri May 15th

Finally got cleared to ride after 7 weeks, was wondering if anyone wanted to go on a refresher on Friday. I might be alittle slow for awhile. If not maybe a dual-sport one in Ramona? Let me know, preferably in the morning.

I may try to finangle some time on the WR this Friday... I'll post here if I can swing it

I'm a maybe/possible for friday in a green sticker area. I sent the headlight off for repair, and it's not back yet.

I'm a maybe/possible for friday in a green sticker area. I sent the headlight off for repair, and it's not back yet.

That's why you have an extra bike :-)...I'll let ya'll know...

OK- I got the hall pass...I will be at Corral campground about 830, with the wr and drz...blue wr/blackdrz...I may be a little bit slow, too...mainly just cuz I'm slow...who's in?

Paul? Ozzy? Dasher?anyone else?maiden voyage for the Wr, but I did tear up the front yard this morning..its almost like a real dirtbike...paul; bring a camera; - I may be able to jump with this bike!

I may be able to jump with this bike!

BS, I have seen u jump with that DRZ pig so I'm anxious to see u on a WR. I have vholdr's new ContourHD helmet camera too. Have fun!!! :)

I'll be there, I will probably stage at four corners and ride down. Blue wr with #81 on it and a fat man at the bars. Hopefully the shoulder works. Haven't seen the dirt for two months, can't wait.

I'll see you there dash! Wr250 black drz and red F150...ozzy? Paul?any other semi retired types?

Semi-retired. Huh. My clients think so.

But it ALWAYS comes back. :)

I have a graduation to attend

make it a 7:00 am start and I could swing it

I'll be there demonstrating the awesome power of the TW200.

I'll be there demonstrating the awesome power of the TW200.

Cool-watch out for trail 2-that 8 inches of travel gets sucked up pretty quick on that one

So.... :) I didn't see any write up about this ride over in the write ups and photos section. I assume you guys went ( and had a good time, I hope).

Met Aaron at 830...fakey was not his usual punctual self, but showed up before 9-

Aaron was getting back in a groove after shoulder surgery but rode well all day...well for the day it was...I stuffed a kickstarter through my boot, and hurt my foot...aaron had to start my bike, and I took pavement back to the truck...and almost dumped the bike when my ramp scooted out and I almost dumped the bike...NOT my best day.

But the scoot was a blast...

Yes, but you didnt get a flat tire! And any day without a flat tire is a good one.

I rode the new-to-me TW2oo, and now I got to ride it like it was my own. What a hoot. One CAN make it go fast, but it's a LOT of work. And the suspension does not permit flights of any distance or height.

It allows for a more sedate point of view on riding.

I also spent some time de-stickering it and replacing some ugly, unacceptable factory bolts with stainless button head capscrews. I'm not a healthy man.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/starting_drill.htm

Paul- You took off stickers?!?!?! NOT...NOT...not the... safety stickers?!?!?!?!?!?!

When you going riding again? My foot may be healed by next week... I am walking with just a faint limp today! Thanks Aaron, again, for starting the bike for me... after reading the above, I can only assume I am giving it gas while kicking, and flooding the engine... I kept smelling gas, but just assumed it was your bike :) Check that carb needle

Pictures later today... bike, boot and foot

I can only assume I am giving it gas while kicking, and flooding the engine...

Bob, forgot to tell you, don't give it gas while kicking :)

Actually, we didn't have time to talk about starting drills & I sorta figured you'd been around, being a slut and all....

Good news! I paid the green sticker May 1. It'll be here shortly & I'll get it to you.

I can only assume I am giving it gas while kicking, and flooding the engine...

Bob, forgot to tell you, don't give it gas while kicking :)

Actually, we didn't have time to talk about starting drills & I sorta figured you'd been around, being a slut and all....

Good news! I paid the green sticker May 1. It'll be here shortly & I'll get it to you.

woo hoo!!! Now i just have to get to the DMV...

I know each bike likes it differently... It started fine every other time with a quarter turn while kicking... live and learn... I am totally excited to get on the bike again, and push it a bit. I was still in feel out mode, so didn't get to really wring it's neck...

...I stuffed a kickstarter through my boot, and hurt my foot...aaron had to start my bike,

you need to stop wearing hand-me-down thor guadrant's

...I stuffed a kickstarter through my boot, and hurt my foot...aaron had to start my bike,

you need to stop wearing hand-me-down thor guadrant's

uh... I bought those new :)

;)

BUT: I had ridden the bike in the front yard a little, and was having problems "feeling" the shift lever... So, I rode the Thors because they had better "feel" than my other boots... so I "felt" the kick starter right through my arch. :)

Another thing... I wear a 10 1/2" EEEE... that is almost a square foot! The better a boot is, the worse it feels on my foot! If I found a good boot that fit, I would have no problem dropping $500 on a pair... but buying an expensive pair of size 14 just so they fit my width is not going to happen...

Hey Ozzy!!! Thanks for the support though! B) Next time join us... I sent you a PM and everything!

handmedown.bmp

THis is the boot

bike.bmp

this is the bike

The picture of my foot didn't begin to show the agonizing pain I felt... in fact, it just showed that I have an ugly foot...

In an effort to invite group participation, I will consider requests for photos of said foot... Paul and aaron have already seen it, and therefore have no vote. This site has been a little slow lately, so I figure, "What better way to kick start a party than pictures of swollen feet?"

that WR looked like it was smiling...i dunno...seemed shifty...oh, :) shifty....THAT was puntastic!!

hope your hoof heals BS...and i am an either way on the pic...i think you decide if the pain warrants it....

Blind ;) ....thinks the $199 Tech 4's down the hill look more...uh worth it?? B)

[

Paul- You took off stickers?!?!?! NOT...NOT...not the... safety stickers?!?!?!?!?!?!

When you going riding again?

Yes, safety and emission stickers, plus the "racing stripes" -they had color in them.

I don't like color.

Today, I spent the back half of the day with my hands gripping the handlebars of :

A rented sod cutter.

Ripping out the lawn. My poor truck is sitting on it's springs out there, fully loaded with strips of sod. So it's off the the landfill tomorrow morning, and back in time for some stupid concert over on North Park. The "loosen downs" or something.