Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Land Speed season is starting.

Next weekend I will be checking out the Land Speed runs at El Mirage Dry Lake. I have never been to one of these events so it should be very cool with the hope of going to Bonneville later this year. Info on the event is here.

http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/El_Mirage_Main.html

I will be there to support a team of Hodaka Club members trying to top 100mph and a 100cc bike. Last year they ran in the hi 70 mph but could not get the bike out of 3rd gear. The bike has been improved on so I hope the do it.

newrod-bonniebike5-10020.jpg

newrod-bonniebike5-10019.jpg

That's a mighty teeny rear sprocket on that bike. No wonder it wouldn't get out of third. :ph34r: Are you allowed to make any kind of a fairing to run on the machine?

That's a mighty teeny rear sprocket on that bike. No wonder it wouldn't get out of third. :ph34r: Are you allowed to make any kind of a fairing to run on the machine?

They have many classes and rules. I think the class they run is for stock like set up, frame must be stock and no fairing. I think the sprocket will be fine, the issue they had last year was not a gearing problem I think.

That's a mighty teeny rear sprocket on that bike.

Best bet to break ~100mph might be to put a "Mighty Teeny" (light) rider in the cockpit......Mimi - you're hired!

Watch for Bob Moreland of Bobs Garage in San Marcos. He uses Hyabusa Motorcycles and their engines for variuos types of world records, Also MDR of escondido goes out with Bob. They have a few world records already. Bobs Garage has a Dyno if anyone ever needs motor work done. They have built all my Harley motors and tuned them. His Brother Kenny owns Moreland Choppers of Solana Beach.

That's a mighty teeny rear sprocket on that bike.

Best bet to break ~100mph might be to put a "Mighty Teeny" (light) rider in the cockpit......Mimi - you're hired!

:ph34r::dance2: :dance3: It would certainly be a fun time.

I think that I have more teeth than the rear sprocket.... :dance: