Boston Mangler

Sunday Nov 19th Exploring

Sorry guys, i have to cancel this ride.

My bike is in Pieces and i wont have the parts time time!

Soon, my friends, Soon!

p.s. is there a way to DELETE a post ????

thanks

I still havent been to either and would like to do some "Trail" riding as opposed to the fire road style.

Anyone up for some Sunday exploring, i am thinking the Chariot Canyon / Rodriquez TT ride to the S2 would be good.

Anyone?

Posted Image

Kevin, We found a route going up towards Mountain Spring from Ocotillo. It looks hard core, lots of rock and steep climbs. Want to try it?? :D

Kevin,

If you're still up for this one I'm in. I need to study for a test that I want to take on Sat. Sunday will be the celebration ride. I hope it's a good one. Gimme a shout lets work on a meeting area.

Jon

Kevin,

If you're still up for this one I'm in. I need to study for a test that I want to take on Sat. Sunday will be the celebration ride. I hope it's a good one. Gimme a shout lets work on a meeting area.

Jon

Jon, I could change my ride to Sunday if the riders that have chimmed in are willing.

Good luck on the test. :unsure:

John,

I might be willing, although your explorations tend to be a bit rocky and I am unfortunately still without a skid plate :unsure:

Don't ask, I ordered one over a month ago and now I am about to cancel a second order from a second company that also advertised the item in stock.

I guess I'll just wait and see what I get into.

Jon

I'm in for Sunday if you guys deceide that day...

Hondpilot- Did you try www.thumpertalk.com? I have had nothing but great success from them

John,

I might be willing, although your explorations tend to be a bit rocky and I am unfortunately still without a skid plate :unsure:

Don't ask, I ordered one over a month ago and now I am about to cancel a second order from a second company that also advertised the item in stock.

Jon

I went with Baja Designs for mine and they shipped in a reasonable amount of time. The trail we will explore Will Require a skid plate!

Nobody answered

Can we change to Sunday?????????

John,

Jon

I have the MOOSE skidplate and highly recommend it!

As for the Thumpertalk site, its a great forum, but their store function is horrible and wayy too much of a PITA for me! :D

Here are some pics of my Moose Plate

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.ph...achmentid=28583

and

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.ph...achmentid=28582

It was supposed to be shipped to me by the end of this week. Next time I won't try to save 5 dollars and will just order from a well respected distributor.

The first was an Ebay store with supposedly 20 plates in stock. Two weeks later I find out it's backordered and may take a month or two to get more. The latest one, Hyperformance Parts, I called two days after ordering when their website still listed my order as "credit card pending" to see what the hold up was. They told me they hold all CC orders for a few days but the item will ship on Friday (a week ago). I emailed a week after ordering to find out when it was going to be shipped and they told me it was a big mess and it was on it's way to them and will be shipped out ASAP.

To them I give a two handed salute

.I.. :unsure: ..I.

Sorry guys, i have to cancel this ride.

My bike is in Pieces and i wont have the parts time time!

Soon, my friends, Soon!

p.s. is there a way to DELETE a post ????

thanks

I did not want to steal riders from Kevin, since he is not riding.

I moved my ride to Sunday. :)

New 19 Nov 06 ride

Guest stevensyanora

It was supposed to be shipped to me by the end of this week. Next time I won't try to save 5 dollars and will just order from a well respected distributor.

The first was an Ebay store with supposedly 20 plates in stock. Two weeks later I find out it's backordered and may take a month or two to get more. The latest one, Hyperformance Parts, I called two days after ordering when their website still listed my order as "credit card pending" to see what the hold up was. They told me they hold all CC orders for a few days but the item will ship on Friday (a week ago). I emailed a week after ordering to find out when it was going to be shipped and they told me it was a big mess and it was on it's way to them and will be shipped out ASAP.

To them I give a two handed salute

.I.. :) ..I.

Our Good friend Chief gunner says you are welcome to use his skid plate till yours comes in , hes on the sick lame and crazy list so he isnt able to ride soooo..I will have it sunday ,you can pop it on and ride with us Sunday :P ....What do you say to that Jon Posted Image

What a guy!!

I did not want to steal riders from Kevin, since he is not riding.

Ha! Very nice of you! Thank you sir!

I got my jets somewhat dialed in, now i am waiting on the pipe and sprocket! :)

Oh and Chief Gunner aka Aaron is GOOD PEOPLE! Kudos to him!

stevensyanora Posted Today, 07:35 PM hes on the sick lame and crazy list

Dude, I haven't heard that in soo long. Your dating your self.

Guest stevensyanora

sorry john.. my dad was a lifer :)

Mad thanks go out to all especially Chief Gunner Aaron for allowing me to scratch up his new skidplate. Unfortunately since I wasn't able to make this ride as of last night, I talked my girlfriend into going two-up over Otay Mt. She's wanted to try it since my first ride up. I am also about 500 miles past due for an oil change. I'm not sure I'll get that done today so It'll have to happen before I ride tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to all, I apologize but I'll have to catch you guys on the next one.

Jon

Things must've changed from when I was in, we called 'em sick, lame and lazy.

Guest stevensyanora

Mad thanks go out to all especially Chief Gunner Aaron for allowing me to scratch up his new skidplate. Unfortunately since I wasn't able to make this ride as of last night, I talked my girlfriend into going two-up over Otay Mt. She's wanted to try it since my first ride up. I am also about 500 miles past due for an oil change. I'm not sure I'll get that done today so It'll have to happen before I ride tomorrow.

Once again, thanks to all, I apologize but I'll have to catch you guys on the next one.

Jon

OH YEAH!!!

Jon

Lazy/ Crazy, Sounds like my ex-wife. :) Jon, we will see ya on the next one.