husky4me

The Joys of smaller bikes

We just bought the 09 klx 250 Kawasaki and a TE 250 Husky 09. We bought them for light duty work and not much street for putting around the trails up in Arrowhead. The bikes will stay up there full time and never come off the hill.

We just bought the 09 klx 250 Kawasaki and a TE 250 Husky 09. We bought them for light duty work and not much street for putting around the trails up in Arrowhead. The bikes will stay up there full time and never come off the hill.

Wow!!! Great! Congratulations! Now I'm curious, how the two compare????

Wow!!! Great! Congratulations! Now I'm curious, how the two compare????

The KLX is fine, I wanted to buy 2 but then my Brother saw the Husky and had to have it.

The KLX was $5299 OTD and the TE 250 was $6499 OTD

KLX is carbed and the TE is FI

They both run great up there, the husky has better suspension up front ( marzochis )

I wont ride the husky, it looks like I could break it to pieces cuz I weigh 260 on a good day :angry:

These guys gave the new 2009 Husky 310 a great review: http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/pdf...0-WR300_ADB.pdf

I rode a friend's 06 TE250 and didn't care for it at all........the bike just didn't have enough zip to interest me......of course, like Schwinn, I'm not the lightest kid on the block so that may have had something to do with it :ph34r::o:good:

I rode a friend's 06 TE250 and didn't care for it at all........the bike just didn't have enough zip to interest me......of course, like Schwinn, I'm not the lightest kid on the block so that may have had something to do with it :ph34r::o:good:

I like little bikes, as long as they are zippy. Most smaller displacement four stroke bikes aren't light enough or perky enough for me to like. That's why I am so fond of two strokes. :o

Mimi- you weigh 100 pounds soaking wet... which bikes don't feel "zippy" enough for you? I mean, bikes you don't have to pedal?

My sons ttr125 is actually pretty fun, as long as the hills aren't too steep, or the sand too deep... he weighs 150, and keeps up with me fine

Mimi- you weigh 100 pounds soaking wet... which bikes don't feel "zippy" enough for you? I mean, bikes you don't have to pedal?

My sons ttr125 is actually pretty fun, as long as the hills aren't too steep, or the sand too deep... he weighs 150, and keeps up with me fine

My KLX300 doesn't feel zippy. My CRF150F didn't feel zippy. Both of those bike are total slugs compared to any of the two strokes I have owned or own now.

I think I could go on the kawi for ever on the twisties as long as it's not freeway (freeway sucks). In addition, when putting gas in Julian my total gas expense was $1.87 (I went from Chula Vista to Anza Borrego and back on $4.50 The whole ride was fun!!! B)

I think you like your Kawi klx 250S. Is it a winner or weeeeeeeeeeener?

I loved DSFox's kawi. Aaaaaaaaaaaa . . . her bike.

Beezzz