I need a small part for my bike and googled Rocket Cycles for their number. I got a link to their yelp page as well. Yelp is an odd place, it's full of people who like to bitch about stuff. But YIKES, Rocket's taking a beating. And I can understand it- it's an odd place. Have a look.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rocket-motorcycles-san-diego

I'd have to side with the negative comments. I was hung up on a Speedmaster as an entry to the street bike arena & then swayed toward the Tiger. I made my decision to buy even after two trips to Rocket with less than marginal results. The manager spoken of was just as described. The only saving grace was one salesman who actually spent some time explaining things.

So I went to pick out my blue Speedmaster and hand over the cash. The aforementioned mgr was such a (enter your favorite derogatory term here), I told the salesman his boss just lost his commission and walked out.

I enjoyed my Harley Sportster for a few years before it went to it's new owner. :lol:

I had a buddy, who against my suggestion bought a bike there... of course, before that, he ignored my suggestion against getting a cruiser as his first bike: crashed it making a U turn... or my suggestion against buying a gently used sports bike from arizona: couldn't get it registered because of milage, then it got stolen, but it wasn't officially registered, so the insurance didn't cover it... then bought from Rocket... with the expected results...

damn! I'm smart

I went into rocket looking at a KTM, last year in April.

Cash in hand, I was buying a bike plain and simple no matter what.

I walked out 10 minutes later and drove back the next day with a new KLR650 in my truck and 10 grand still in my pocket.

Which is too bad for them cause i,m kind of anal about things, you know buy the gear the same color of the bike you ride and all that stupid stuff.

I would have spent another couple grand just on riding gear in that shop. Now, with riding a KLR, it dont matter one bit.

Next year i,m getting the 990adventure bike, and i wont be getting it at ROCKET no matter what the price..

Yelp is a great site. I use it all the time.

Good for finding out if a restaurant deserves a try, or should be avoided at all costs.

The Reviews for Rocket Motorcycles show quite a negative trend.

I totally disagree with that site about rocket. Mark the owner and his nephew Michael are great. The do the service. I blew some gaskets while I was riding in the area and could not get home, so guess what, they took me from baypark to my home in Normal Heights and picked me up when my bike was ready. The are pretty stand off ish, but I really don't like being hounded to buy something. If I ever need to take my bike for service again they will get it. They have went and gotten gaskets and other parts they did not have in stock from other stores for me. Give them another try. There has got to be a reason they have been in business for 20+ years.